Tracking is not economic on sales below $15 the freight is to expensive. But required.?

The new freight policy says 95% of sales need to be tracked. I sell a lot under $15 and if I add tracking customers will not buy the items.

if I do not track I am disadvantaged in the listing.

Message 1 of 27
Latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

Re: Tracking is not economic on sales below $15 the freight is to expensive. But required.?

@found-in-australia wrote:

My post office can't currently get the "large" tracking envelopes that fit a TB1 size large letter.

It looks like registration or parcel post is the only answer for TB2 size large letter (and for TB1 until the post office can supply the tracking envelope again).

With this doubling to tripling the cost of quite a lot of postage, it seems this policy is a fortunate win for the post Office, and for anyone who was ludicrously not supplying postal services but somehow charging a commission on them....

Have you tried buying directly from AP? Is it possible that your PO knows you will buy a more expensive product if they don't have what you prefer?

Disclaimer - I have no idea what TB1 or TB2 letters are.

Message 21 of 27
Latest reply

Re: Tracking is not economic on sales below $15 the freight is to expensive. But required.?

TB is a Tough Bag. I use them as heavy duty letter but can be used a bag but they are made from paper.

Message 22 of 27
Latest reply

No, they have been ordering in temporary stock from Albury, because the ones on order from Australia Post have not arrived. I don't know whether they have wiped out Albury's stock, but the indication is they can't keep up now because of this Ebay policy, and Ebayer's trying to buy tracking envelopes in bulk. It is a decent sized Post Office (Lavington, NSW).

TB1 is the Tough Bag Envelope that now measures 211 mm x 269 mm (recently reduced by about 5 mm, which messed up my pre-cut stiffeners when I send brochures / catalogues / ephemera, etc).

TB2 is the Tough Bag Envelope that now measures 236 mm x 329 mm - it does not fit in the so called "large" tracked envelope. Most automotive and agricultural brochures ideally fit in this size envelope and is a comfortable large letter.

Why the Post Office produced a large letter tracking envelope that does NOT fit most / half the large letters, including their standard sized envelopes, I do not understand. I am surprised by the people who have raised their postage from $3.30 to $8.95 without it affecting their sales. In the past when postage rates went up by a dollar, if a size was removed or a sudden increase, sales were generally hit hard for about a month until buyers realised that the price hike was legitimate. If buyers now accept a $5.60 price hike on low value paper items, I suppose it is one advantage of a pandemic changing human nature.

Message 23 of 27
Latest reply

@bjlcr did you contact PayPal and dispute their actions? Ebay refunded one of my customers even though I contacted them in advance asking what will happen, they said I had nothing to worry about, nek minute the refunded them. I disputed and got my money back
Message 24 of 27
Latest reply

@found-in-australia wrote:

No, they have been ordering in temporary stock from Albury, because the ones on order from Australia Post have not arrived. I don't know whether they have wiped out Albury's stock, but the indication is they can't keep up now because of this Ebay policy, and Ebayer's trying to buy tracking envelopes in bulk. It is a decent sized Post Office (Lavington, NSW).

But have you tried ordering directly from AP? I know that early in the pandemic my local POs (even the AP one) couldn't get stock of some items I use, but I was able to purchase them from AP online. And they arrived within 'normal' timeframes. Less than a week Melbourne to Canberra.

Message 25 of 27
Latest reply

to my understand, you can either get free "red tracking" labels for parcels

or pay $3.8 bulk buy letter "registered" label at auspost for "tracking"

both are consider "tracking" as long as you put it in before your monthly cycle

in terms of paypal refunds with tracking, it is a bull**bleep** scam

paypal has 150days refund policy, trackings does not have 150days history, so scammers will file a undelivered case at paypal when tracking history finishes

i have consult with ebay CS about their new payment system, the system will give 30days refund policy, this will overlaps tracking history period and cover the paypal tracking loop hole

when you lost the case with ebay with tracking, did you submit your tracking to the "case" on time?

they maybe different department or different country staff handling, you need to submit the tracking to the case

if tracking shows your item is intransit, you will still lose the case, but you can appeal once the item shows delivered, you only have one chance for appeal

Message 26 of 27
Latest reply

Shrinkflation. Same reason why large 250g potato chip bags dropped to 200g and then 175g (or even 150g for some of them). And Tim Tams, which are the same physical size (20g each) but now only have 9 in a pack (180g instead of 200g).

Message 27 of 27
Latest reply