Turbo Lister Ends June 2017 So This Seems To Be The Alternitive

Turbo Lister Ends June 2017 So This Seems To Be The Alternative

Please note this is my opinion only others may differ but everyone to their own.

I have been a user of TL for about 10 years and was very saddened to hear that eBay were moth balling it for ever. I went looking for an alternative and after trying a few I ended up using Wonder Lister. The sad thing is it is not Free. Costs from $5.00 Per Month to $500.00 per month depending on what you require. ( I Only Went With The $5.00 Plan but it seems to have some restrictions). The setup is not like TL. This took over 1 Hour to install as it had to Download and install Microsoft SQL Server Express 2014, so if you already this installed it will help with the Installation. After the Installation I thought yes very colourful and it did take some time to work it out. The Upside is it is a lot Faster than TL and the options you have are unbelievable, You cam import your files from TL as a CSV File and Import it to Wonder Lister. You can check the Features from this Link.

https://www.wonderlister.com/features

The Downside is, There are too many buttons, It is a little complicated when you first use it but in the end it is Good. On $5.00 Plan you only have access to 2 eBay Accounts and 1 eBay Site, I still cannot find how to select a Store Category  so i am assuming this will also cost more, Also I cannot see any option for Handling Time but overall I like it and I am still experimenting with it.

Gayle

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

I've chosen to use Wonder Lister too. I've just upped to the $25 plan as I can use folders for sorting my stuff to sell & I can schedule for free, you can't do this with the $5 subscription. 

I think the handling time is part of the business policies.. the shipping one!

I think the store option is automatically downloaded to WL when you fetch all your ebay details... I have 1 store & 2 non store accounts. The store option is a drop down menu thingy which disappears if I create a listing for one of my non store accounts 🙂

It appears to be a very powerful program & i'm still learning what it can do... I hope it gains popularity with more ebay sellers so we can help each other out if we get stuck !!!

The difference between stupidity and genius, is that genius has its limits.
Message 2 of 15
Latest reply

Would you give me the gist of why you use this sort of thing? Have been reading about the loss of TL and peoples discussions but don't quite "get" why you would use it in the first place? What does it give you in functionality that you don't get by just loading direct into your Ebay site, and who would get the best use from it? Is it really geared towards seller with huge inventory, or for any seller? Thanks in advance

Message 3 of 15
Latest reply

My main reason for using TL is that unlike ebay it keeps your listings forever, not just 90 days. I close down from April to Nov every year and can be up and running when I re-open in no time as everythig is there in TL ready to upload. Once TL is no longer available I will have to relist everything and schedule them to start at the maximum time which I think is 3 weeks. I then have to remember to go in and change it to the next 3 weeks for the next 6 months. What are the odds I am going to get it right and not have live listings I cannot fulfill.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 4 of 15
Latest reply

As previously noted, eBay deletes stored listings after a while, whereas they'll stay in TL until you delete them. 

Here's what I use it for: every so often, eBay will do a "1000 free listings" deal on really short notice (the offer might start now and apply for three or four days), meaning that that you have to burn the midnight oil to create as many listings as you can to take full advantage of the offer before it turns into a pumpkin. I usually relist any unsold items, and add as many new ones as I can.

As previously noted, eBay deletes stored listings after a while, whereas they'll stay in TL until you delete them. So, the "unsold" items will go after a while, and I'll have to do fresh listings for them. I can create and store the new listings on eBay, but they'll also be deleted after X amount of time, meaning I'll have to do them all over again, too. 

But, I can create and store listings in TL over the space of a few weeks in anticipation of the next "free listings" offer, and just leave them sitting in TL until it pops up, then have it list them all in one hit at the click of a button. If the unsold items were created in TL, I can add those in too.

So, instead of feverishly trying to create as many listings as I can before the offer expires, I just do them at my leisure over a period of time, and let them sit in TL until I need them. Can't do that on eBay itself...

Message 5 of 15
Latest reply

"I know!" exclaimed eBay. "Let's make eBay better by taking away a tool that thousands of sellers use! Furthermore, let's spend millions making a new "Seller Hub", but let's not include an alternative to Turbo Lister in that Hub."

Sounds like an excellent business strategy to me.

Message 6 of 15
Latest reply

Yes I am also at a loss why they would cancel TurboLister, but being cynical about all things eBay, I guess its to do with the cost of maintaining it.  Its free so just a cost to eBay, and if they were to charge for it they would need to sort out its bugs (and there are a lot) which would cost money.  Farm it out and problem solved. 

Now all these commercial programs that replace TL rely on access to the eBay API which comes at a cost for Premium Access, my guess is once Turbo Lister closes these fees will being going up.  To work out why eBay does anything just follow the money.

Another one to check out is Sixbit which seems quite popular on the US forums as a TL replacement (again at a cost).

---------------------------------------------------
Profanity is no substitute for wit.
Message 7 of 15
Latest reply

Thanks pj sounds like it was a great tool for you, so understand now why there are some very upset sellers.

Not sure if this is a tool that would be of much help for us, but will check out the other options that have been suggested. Appreciate your answer.

Message 8 of 15
Latest reply

Got it! Thanks so much for your reply, can only guess how frustrating this will be for you without TL. Feel for you.  Seems crazy that eBay have done this, maybe they are going to release their own version, at a price of course. If there are so many people using it am sure they would have their "eye" on it.

Message 9 of 15
Latest reply

I am just a casual seller these days but I love that I can keep a record of all my items in Turbo Lister (going back years and years) and can re-use or edit them to my heart's content. Or just take a trip down memory lane. It's an archive for me. I can also prepare ebay listings when I am not online - such as in the middle of the ocean on a cruise ship dreaming up item descriptions for future listings 🙂

Message 10 of 15
Latest reply