Unable To List - Ebay Australia

dl390
Community Member

I sell on Ebay Australia. Last few days, been blocked from listing items. I get this message:

It looks like there's a problem with this listing.

• Effective immediately, your ability to list new items has been interrupted. To continue listing on eBay, please register now at ebay.com/startpayments.{e72528-1134536x}

Seems this is linked to Managed Payments. I click to link and I have to “express interest”. I fill in form etc and still can’t list anything. As far as I can tell, Managed Payments not yet available in Australia and nowhere can I register a bank account to allow such. Can’t find any ebay help anywhere.

Is there a fix? Thanks.

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Re: Unable To List - Ebay Australia

You're not the only one as another member started a thread with the same issue.

Managed Payments is available in Australia and has been for a while now.

You're blocked because you would have received a message/s from Ebay not long ago asking you to register for MP and if you or any other sellers have ignored that request and time ran out for you to register then ebay are now blocking sellers from selling until they register.

And there must be a glitch because some sellers are now finding it difficult to register.

Best thing to do is go to the help section and type in managed payments and follow the prompts on how to register.

Message 2 of 12
Latest reply

dl390
Community Member

Thanks. Shall give a shot.

Message 3 of 12
Latest reply

This is doing my head in, just going around in circles. Following the instructions for Updating Bank Account Accounts For Managed Payments, trying to link via the Payments tab in Seller Hub or My Ebay, and it either takes me to the PayPal section or I get a message that says: Please update your wallet on the eBay site where your account is registered. Yet I'm already in Australian ebay. This is quite some glitch and I've been coming up against these brick walls for nearly a week now.

Message 4 of 12
Latest reply

You filled in the Expression of Interest form, I believe it takes a little while, but you should receive a message inviting you to sign up and that is when you will be able to upload details and proof of id as needed.

AFAIK you can't go straight from expressing interest to assuming you are now on MP's and commence re-selling.

Message 5 of 12
Latest reply

Having only the option to "express interest" in managed payments means your account is not managed payments ready. Expressing interest in something and being able to actually register are two very different things. Expressing interest is the seller indicating to eBay "yeah, I'll sign up when it's available for me", and not that it is actually available to that member.

If you are blocked from listing on eBay because you have not registered, and then follow the links and it only allows you to "express interest" eBay has stuffed up your account status, and you need to get in touch with the managed payments team to fix it.

Go here, and scroll down to the help options, where there is a "have us call you" option.

https://www.ebay.com.au/help/selling/getting-paid/payouts-work-managed-payments-sellers?id=4814

Message 6 of 12
Latest reply

@digital*ghost wrote:

Having only the option to "express interest" in managed payments means your account is not managed payments ready. Expressing interest in something and being able to actually register are two very different things. Expressing interest is the seller indicating to eBay "yeah, I'll sign up when it's available for me", and not that it is actually available to that member.

If you are blocked from listing on eBay because you have not registered, and then follow the links and it only allows you to "express interest" eBay has stuffed up your account status, and you need to get in touch with the managed payments team to fix it.

Go here, and scroll down to the help options, where there is a "have us call you" option.

https://www.ebay.com.au/help/selling/getting-paid/payouts-work-managed-payments-sellers?id=4814

Looking like many stuffed up accounts starting to surface, not looking good at all.

Message 7 of 12
Latest reply

I have received the original email and have until 12 April to register. I assume that if I do it by then, ebay will allow me to continue selling until they accept me under managed payments.

I also assume that if I don't register before 12 April them my selling priviledges will be stopped. I'll be able to register but will have to wait till ebay approves me under managed payments before I can sell again

Perhaps some sellers have ignored the register by date which is why they are now having problems

Message 8 of 12
Latest reply

There may be some sellers who have done that, but in that case they would be able to register when going through the links, rather than arrive at an "express interest" page.

To clarify this as much as possible, when managed payments was first introduced in the US, and it was in the initial testing phase, sellers could register by invitation only and it wasn't mandatory. Sellers who did not get an invite to be part of the initial implementation could go to a page and register an "expression of interest" in enrolling. It wouldn't mean they'd get an invite to register, but it gave eBay an idea of how many people were actively interested, and some of them would eventually get an invite, AFAIK.

That process is no longer applicable, so anyone who arrives at a page that invites you to "express interest" has pretty much had this glitch occur where eBay has blocked their account from listing without ever actually enabling their account for MP, or telling them they had to register. 

Message 9 of 12
Latest reply

Finally got some feedback from eBay help line. According to the help line, this definitely shouldn't be happening. It was going to be actioned but it's so far been a few days and nothing. My account is still locked. Hopefully, something happens soon. Thanks for your input.

Message 10 of 12
Latest reply