Unlimited free listings???

On my other account, when I've listed items today and yesterday, the number of free listings unused (out of the 40 free for the month) has remained the same and not decreased.

Is anyone else having this issue?

I'm not sure how many I really have left, or if I've in fact used them all.

A concern, of course, is that I'll be charged insertion fees unexpectantly.

Message 1 of 31
Latest reply
30 REPLIES 30

I doesn't matter if I schedule the listings or send them live straight away... when they go live they don't come off my total. It seems that no matter how many I list, I always have 23 remaining.

(The 100 free listings were all used up by the time that promotion ended on the 17th.)

Message 11 of 31
Latest reply

If I were you, I would keep very quiet about this .... and please don't ring Customer Support .... I think it's a glitz.    See what happens on 1st July when the next 40 come up ?

Keep us posted 🙂

Message 12 of 31
Latest reply

I've decided to stop listing anything until next month as I don't want to incur any insertion fees.

I don't understand why I'm the only one affected by this glitch though.

Hopefully next month things will be back to normal.

Message 13 of 31
Latest reply

utebns
Community Member
Soo.... my 16 listings i had remaining... i thaught last night i would relist a heap of unsold **bleep**.
Nekminit my 16 free listings kept coming up as $0.00 fee's.
So.... i continued listing!
40 items later, ive scored extra freebies from feebay.
(I had already used almost 3/4 of my 40 free, plus i used the full 100 free listings from the promotion ending the 17th).
Score for me!
Message 14 of 31
Latest reply

Keep an eye on your next invoice

Message 15 of 31
Latest reply

So... 30th June came and went. My available free listings re-set to say 0 used 40 left. My account didn't show any insertion fee charges. Everything looked good... until this morning.

Overnight, I was charged insertion fees for 2 listings that I listed on the 26th June. The good news is, I contacted eBay via live chat and they agreed (without any persuasion) to refund me.

The bad news is, I listed an item last night and it still says 0/40 free listings used.

So it looks like I'll have to keep track manually of how many I use from now on.... which is a bit of a pain.

Message 16 of 31
Latest reply

Same here !!

I had listed nearly 50 items and they refunded 20 .... when I looked (a couple of days ago) I had only been charged $1.50 for 20 ..... so all okay ...........

BUT ..... today, I have 16 items listed TODAY (they were listed on 25th) all at $1.50.    It shows that the balance owing is unavailable, so will wait until it is, and ring them.

I think they must have had heaps of problems ..... but I have had very helpful CS officers 

Message 17 of 31
Latest reply

Same here I contacted them last night when I noticed two frre listings done on the 24th June charged as $1.50 each yesterday morning. Rang CS  and got a refund for the 2 listings all okay. Until this morning when shock horror had 19 charged on one account which were all shown listed for Free on the 26th June and another 12 on this one. So rang again and this operator said would refer to previous CS person I spoke to before refunding still awaiting the oucome of that.

However got a reply from CS on yesterdays problem and response reads as follows which makes no sense at all.

Hello XXXXXXX,

This is Stephen from eBay the representative that you talked to yesterday.

I'm just here to inform you that the credit for $3.00 is completed and also I'm here to inform you as well why you got charged for the insertion fees. This is actually due to system delays, though it reflects that the free listings have been replenished every first of the month on some occasions has some delay of process in the system.

Meaning it's best to list items again on the second of the month when the replenishing of the free listings will completely processed.

I hope this information is helpful. Thank you for choosing eBay!

Sincerely,

Will be in contact with them again shortly if no further response to my enquiry

Message 18 of 31
Latest reply

When I went to check that I'd received insertion fee credits for my 2 listings mentioned earlier, I discovered another 2 listings from the 26th June that were charged to my account today. I contacted eBay via live chat and 30 minutes later got it refunded.

Hopefully that's the end of it!

Message 19 of 31
Latest reply

I have just had mine sorted out, they have credited me with the 16 which went on today ....     thank you 'SINCE I MET YOU' for mentioning Live Chat 🙂

I RANG a CS officer who completely didn't understand me,  so I quoted the Reference No which she said she couldn't act on ?  Time went on and I asked them to ring me back when it was fixed ......  waiting, waiting, waiting ..... then rang Live Chat and yes,   fixed in 5 minutes:)

I wonder if I'll still get a call back.       I am definitely using Live Chat in future.

Message 20 of 31
Latest reply