Unlimited freebies - today only (19/11)

http://www.rsvp.ebay.com.au/rsvp/signup/5801

List as many as you like, pay only $1 fvf when they sell.

I haven't read the T&C's yet because I can't be bothered listing anything!

Message 1 of 38
Latest reply
37 REPLIES 37

@tangledstitches wrote:
I would say the opposite - postage fees aren't 'other' fees, they're called final value fees. On my invoice it shows the final value fee for the item price and then it shows "Final value fee on shipping", so it's still called a final value fee and their offer states that you pay a maximum of $1 in final value fees (plural).

If it's not included they would just say "calculated as a percentage of your sale price", not "your total sale price".

It does state:

Final Value Fees are the selling fees charged on sale of an item, calculated as a percentage of your total sale

price because it's only the item sale price that counts.

Postage fees will never be discounted as they are not a FVF on the sale price.

That's why they appear separately on your invoice.

Message 11 of 38
Latest reply

Agreed

Two seperate fees entirely 

Message 12 of 38
Latest reply

They've always given the discount on postage to me for similar promos, tazz.  This is a partial screenshot of my invoice from when they had a similar promo offering a discount on final value fees this time last year.  As you can see, it was applied to the postage portion of the fees as well as the item value.  The 19c I was charged for the second item I've circled would normally be the same as the bottom two (24c).

Screenshot (6).png

Message 13 of 38
Latest reply

Hi.

I still had a few freebies left of my 40 and a couple of days ago I listed a fishing reel. Sold it yesterday. Imagine my shock that I actually received 75% of my final value fees. I had opted in for this particular offer but thought I would have to use all my 40 free listings first. Lucky me. Had a win:)

Message 14 of 38
Latest reply

Did your promotions/freebies counter show that you'd used any of the 10 listings that offer applied to?
Message 15 of 38
Latest reply

Yes. When I listed the reel, it came off my 40 free listings but when it sold, it showed 1 used on the 75% off offer. So only 9 left.
Message 16 of 38
Latest reply

I sold four items back in April when they had a promo for no fvf's on up to 10 items. I didn't pay any fees on postage on any of them. They didn't even appear on my invoice because there were absolutely no fees to pay.
Message 17 of 38
Latest reply

@rwhi2669 wrote:
Yes. When I listed the reel, it came off my 40 free listings but when it sold, it showed 1 used on the 75% off offer. So only 9 left.

Did you get the discount on the postage fvf as well?  I see your postage was $15 so the fee would normally be $1.64 (or $1.63).

Message 18 of 38
Latest reply

pnc75
Community Member

For what it's worth, this is what I was told on Live Chat by the wonderful Kevat:

No, postage would be extra because that has not been included in the Terms & Conditions of this promotional offer

Please be aware thought that 'he' had no idea what p&h is! Woman Very Happy

Message 19 of 38
Latest reply

I wouldn't trust an employee to know how it works, especially one that doesn't know what p&h means, so as far as I'm concerned the jury is still out in relation to this particular offer.

Hopefully someone will come along and tell us what they were charged when they sell something, so that we'll know when/if they offer the same deal again next Sunday.

I would have thought that if it didn't apply to fvf's on postage they would have said so, like they do on discount vouchers when it doesn't apply to postage. When discount vouchers DO apply to postage they usually just say the total price and don't mention postage at all.
Message 20 of 38
Latest reply