Unusual Message re Combined Postage

joz15au
Community Member

I have received a message to my main account purported to be from eBay, but it hasn't come through in my eBay messages. It seems quite unusual and worded as below, it then refers to and shows a pic of one item I have listed for sale and asks about combined postage if 2 other similar items I have listed are purchased and quotes a Qld postcode.  It does not show the prospective buyer's id.   I have never had a message like this before as usually they come direct from the prospective buyer and also show up in my eBay messages.  I'm somewhat reluctant to answer anything that hasn't come through My eBay. Has anyone else had a similar message before?

'An eBay member has a question for you.

A buyer is interested in the product you're selling but they have a question.  Can you help them out?'

The under the pic it has a box 'Answer Question', if I hover over the link it does appear to link to eBay,

I may just be being paranoid but would appreciate hearing from anyone who is familiar with this sort of message.

Cheers.

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Unusual Message re Combined Postage

If it hasn't come into eBay messaging also, ignore it.

Send it to junk to delete later so you don't accidentally do anything with it.

image host

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

I wouldn't reply to it or open any links even if it does look like an eBay link. It could be a glitch on eBay messaging but better safe than sorry.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

If it hasn't come into eBay messaging also, ignore it.

Send it to junk to delete later so you don't accidentally do anything with it.

image host
Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

Thanks for the replies.  My thoughts too but I thought maybe there was something new that I'd missed, although I did get a similar query in the usual manner today for another item.  Will delete it now.  

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

Beware! Only ever open messages or queries using the "Messages" section on Ebay. If we ever get something like that in our emails I always go back into Ebay and check to see if that message is sitting in the message section.

Only open in Ebay not in your emails. Delete Delete Delete......

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply