What a terrible eBay rating system. It is not my product not my customer

11.png 

11.png

What a terrible ebay rating! 

There is a rating for my listing of 2 star and bad review! 

But this buyer is not our customer at all. This product is not our product at all!

How can be happed like that! Can you add review of other people's product and service to my product and service?

When you search the item title, there are 10 same product listing appear.  some of them with 4.5 star review. How comes the 2 star rating.

I called ebay customer service. They said they can not change that. That is how the system works.

From last year, ebay made so many troubles for sellers! There were so many technical issue ( they can not fix until now)

Why makes sellers so hard to work. It is very hard to selling on ebay. Without seller, how can ebay make money.

Really unhappy from last year.

Hi eBay, please fix your error first! 

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: What a terrible eBay rating system. It is not my product not my customer

This buyer did not buy anything from us. 

Buyer bought the product from seller of" ozbuyitnnow"

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

Remove the UPC code to does not apply

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

@hensnightfun wrote:

Yeah, do that. I bet that's what it is.

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

@hensnightfun wrote:

No doesn't work, I haveUPC  does not apply on all my listings, and still reviews for totally unrelated products appear on some of my listing. In fact if you remove the UPC then it may increase the odds that the linked product is even less related. Using very loose word title match. 

I went round in circles with CS over this till I gave up.

Looking at various poduct review sites it is common to see the reviews for different, but similar, items lumped together.

if you come across a product review that effectively reviews the seller or service rather than product, you can report it and it will be removed.

That reviewer by the way wasn't adding it to your listing ebay just pulled it out of their library of reviews because the item was similar to yours. It may well have been an accurate review of the original listing. You can follow the review link to actually see the item reviewed

-------------------------------

ASSUMPTION IS THE MOTHER OF ALL STUFF UPS!!
Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

This thread does endorse why badly run review systems which lump products together don't work.  My review of the review system is that ....well I can;t write it on here would probably get kicked off.  Seems a review for the sake of a review is more important than an accurate one and that can't be good for seller or buyer but suits in this case ebay as it gives their site more credibility. I'd trust a review on ebay about as much as I would trust a negative feedback on a seller with thousands of positives. Both are fairly pointless. 

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

I agree, just posted an expensive John Deere lawn tractor for sale.
negative review related to lawn tractors and maybe John Deere, but certainly not my item or model.
Message 7 of 7
Latest reply