What does $guidance$ above my "all selling" mean? Just came from nowhere??? Wont respond

Hi all, just wondering if others have struck this " $guidance$ " logo title before??  I have never seen this over the years. When I click on it, doesnt take me anywhere to rectify?? Any sugestions? Thanks Heaps.

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Re: What does $guidance$ above my "all selling" mean? Just came from nowhere??? Wont re

Sorry, I've never seen or heard of that before - where is it appearing, i.e. on your eBay summary page(s) or on listings? (Edit, sorry, just realised you mention that in the title Smiley Embarassed , and I have no clue what it's doing there - do you have a screen shot? I dunno if it will help at all, but may prompt something, from someone who knows. Smiley Surprised )

Message 2 of 12
Latest reply

Re: What does $guidance$ above my "all selling" mean? Just came from nowhere??? Wont re

Appears under your active selling page as per attached - Found it today myself and when I click on the link it takes me to my watched items ?????

No idea what it all means.

Message 3 of 12
Latest reply

@6508.froggy wrote:

Appears under your active selling page as per attached - Found it today myself and when I click on the link it takes me to my watched items ?????

No idea what it all means.

Ahhh, cheers, I found it on my selling page too after checking (I rarely look at the eBay notifications there).

I did a quick google and found a thread on eBay US, which had this post: 

"Just got off the phone with ebay. After being on hold for a very long time I was also told it's a "glitch in the system". No one at ebay seems to know what it is or what it means. They said they're working on getting it removed."

http://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Seller-Reminders-guidance/qaq-p/26648299

It may have been an old parameter that's resurfacing, (eg they used to, maybe still do, give pricing recommendations), but may be a new parameter that's not supposed to be appearing yet (there's some interesting things happening on eBay.com, including the removal of some third party advertising and replacing it with more promoted listing placement, so could be the listings ebay will ultimately suggest need "boosting" ? Just thinking out loud anyway, could be way off base and it's just a random glitch). 

Message 4 of 12
Latest reply

Awesome, thanks so much for your imput, yeah a weird one??  Glitch I guess! Here it is:

Selling reminders

|       
(Last 31 days)
Items ending today
6 items I'm selling are ending today.

Message 5 of 12
Latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable
thanks a lot for for solving the mystery for me
Message 6 of 12
Latest reply

Looks like a data or content insert code for their programming or admin back end.  The pages would be based on layouts/templates which they design and then insert various things into like navigation, price, description, buttons, etc, using these types of codes.

Message 7 of 12
Latest reply

Just call Ebay and you will find that you need guidance for how listing number there is. I always advise everyone to make the call themselves , as I would hate to see someone get suspended for not listening to the guidance.  Make the call yourself about your guidance , it not a joke and you will be suspended one 1 day to start with it you dont listen to Ebay.

Make the call and protect yourself

Message 8 of 12
Latest reply

Well I did email support and this is what they said

"am unable to verify what this means as well. It just routes to the same page when I try to click it from my end hence it is not affecting any listing or is not redirecting to a specific reminder. I will be forwarding this to our technical team for any confirmation and you can disregard this for now"

Message 9 of 12
Latest reply

I noticed I now have two separate $guidance$ links in my notifications, one for 170-odd listings, and one for just one listing.

Curiously, if I click on the link, the tab heading temporarily says "seller requirements not met". o_O

While it may still be a glitch, my curiosity (and imagination), is creating a number of other possibilities. Smiley Surprised

Message 10 of 12
Latest reply