What if buyer doesn't pickup item

I sent the item to the buyer, whose address is a post office parcel box, and I can see the status is delievered to parcel box, waiting for collection and it's been nearly a week. I've contacted buyer to remind him/her to pick up the item but no reply. I'm worried if the buy keeps not collecting it, will it be sent back by the post office? And what would happen in that case, like I have to refund it?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 19
Latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Sit tight.    Don't send any more emails to the buyer, they might think it annoying.

If you get the parcel back then come to the boards again.

Message 2 of 19
Latest reply

there is also the chance that the item has been collected by them and hasn't been scanned as "delivered." this commonly occurs for my items. you'll find out one way or the other soon enough. 

Message 3 of 19
Latest reply

It's your choice what would happen in the case it gets sent back. That's why it's always important to put a return address on everything you send. If it would cost more to re-send than the buyer paid, maybe just refund them. Though, you risk negative feedback if they still wanted the item.

One time an item was sent back after they didn't collect it. I sent it again without signature and haven't heard anything from the buyer. Some people, for whatever reaosn, might not get the cards send to them, or not have the time at all to collect from the post office, and/or don't go on eBay that much to check their messages.

Message 4 of 19
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Do you mean a Post Office Box or a Parcel Locker?  Two different things and treated differently.

If a parcel is delivered to a PO Box it will be held inside the PO until collected...there will be a notice left in the PO Box.   It will only be held for a certain amount of time.

If a parcel is delivered to a Parcel Locker it can stay there until the buyer picks it up....the PO has no control over when that is and cannot send it back to the seller.

Message 5 of 19
Latest reply

just for your info lyndal - i have had articles returned to me from a parcel locker which have not been collected.

per the AP website - parcel locker deliveries are generally only available for 48 hours - https://auspost.com.au/parcels-mail/parcel-collection-delivery/247-parcel-lockers#tab1

Message 6 of 19
Latest reply

Thanks for that information jm.....I didn't know that.

That service is even worse that a PO Box.....at least the Post Office keeps those for at least a week...my PO will keep parcels for 2 weeks if they know the customer well.

Message 7 of 19
Latest reply

Once your parcel arrives, you'll have 48 hours to collect it. If you can't get to the Parcel Locker in time, we'll move it to the nearest Post Office and let you know the details.

https://auspost.com.au/parcels-mail/parcel-collection-delivery/247-parcel-lockers#tab2

Message 8 of 19
Latest reply

@lm-entertainment wrote:

there is also the chance that the item has been collected by them and hasn't been scanned as "delivered." this commonly occurs for my items. you'll find out one way or the other soon enough. 

We had an example of this just last week with an express item.

Tracking showed that it was at their local PO awaiting collection.

So I messaged the buyer to let them know to go and collect it.

They replied straight back to say they had it and they were happy.

But the tracking did not show delivered until some 48-hours later. So not sure how that works.

Message 9 of 19
Latest reply

thanks for the info! we're all learning something new! :] i assume that the instance i had was because it got moved from a parcel locker to the PO and they didn't collect it in x amount of time from there. 

Message 10 of 19
Latest reply