What is going on with feedback?

Selling and Buying

Seriously, what is going on with feedback with both buyers and sellers??

I am not getting feedback from buyers (but no complaints) and all my goods are in first-class condition!

I am not getting feedback from sellers when I purchase items (and I have no complaints) and they take their time posting - something I am very diligent about - rushing to the post office to get goods to buyers, for absolutely no thanks!!

Is anyone else experiencing problems with feedback because I am at a stage where I am finding it pointless selling or buying on ebay for a "pointless" system!

Message 1 of 19
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Agree with you 100%.  Firstly, I believe it's good manners to leave feedback, and receiving feedback is important to me as I am building a reputation as someone who is good to deal with.  Only takes a few seconds.

View solution in original post

Message 17 of 19
Latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Feedback is voluntary, and doesn't really mean a great deal anyway, particulalry for buyers.  Come February it will all change again, and even if the buyer leaves glowing feedback, in certain circumstances a seller can still end up with a defect.  Quite frankly, I won't be chasing feedback, will probably be better off if the buyer didn't bother.

Cheers,

Penny
Message 2 of 19
Latest reply

There's been so many threads about the pros and cons of feedback, I don't think there will every be any agreement.

IMO as many sellers leave automatic feedback with pointless comments it means nothing.

I'll leave feedback if it's left for me, if I don't get any it doesn't worry me.

Other members believe differently, it's just a personal opinion.

Message 3 of 19
Latest reply

Well I shop according to someone's positive "star" level, so it does mean something to me.  If I don't get feedback, that means my "star" level is reduced, as it is significantly at the moment, because for whatever reason buyers and sellers are not leaving feedback.

It doesn't encourage me to provide a first-class service if no one ever says "thanks"!

Message 4 of 19
Latest reply

If the buyer doesn't leave feedback your stars are not affected at all.  The only thing that affects your stars is if the buyer leaves low ratings. 

Cheers,

Penny
Message 5 of 19
Latest reply

saarzi
Community Member

I am not getting feedback from buyers (but no complaints) and all my goods are in first-class condition!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Feedback is voluntary. Buyers dont have to leave it for you. Just like in any retail store!  They dont have to thank you for an item and service they are PAYING you for - you should be thanking them for chosing to spend their money on your items. Youre not doing them any favours by sending items in great condition - thats expected.. its a basic minimum.

Also, your listings dont lend to good service at all - they barely have any description, shoes missing measurements, no call to action, no details on postage or multi buys, one liners / basic description for DVDs, no description of condition other than the ebay pull down "as new".

Youre really only doing the very basics to secure a buy. If you want them to leave positive feedback, give them a reason to.

Message 6 of 19
Latest reply

@bellabelinda2000 wrote:

Selling and Buying

I am not getting feedback from sellers when I purchase items (and I have no complaints) and they take their time posting - something I am very diligent about - rushing to the post office to get goods to buyers, for absolutely no thanks!!

Is anyone else experiencing problems with feedback because I am at a stage where I am finding it pointless selling or buying on ebay for a "pointless" system!

Are you buying on eBay because you want to buy the item, or are you buying purely to get feedback?

Are you selling on eBay to make money, or is it just to get a row of pretty green dots? Isn't it better to get no pretty dots than get the Christmas effect (pretty green and pretty red)? You have under 100 feedback, a pretty red dot could destroy you.

When was the last time you got to leave feedback because you paid for your groceries? Do you go back to the supermarket and demand a ticker tape parade and feedback because you bought and paid for your groceries?

Message 7 of 19
Latest reply

@bellabelinda2000 wrote:

It doesn't encourage me to provide a first-class service if no one ever says "thanks"!

Possibly people aren't leaving you feedback and saying thanks because they feel it's not deserved?

Maybe you should be looking at what other sellers are doing to receive positive feedback that perhaps you aren't.

You should be providing a first class service doesn't matter if you get thanked or not.

Message 8 of 19
Latest reply

@bellabelinda2000 wrote:

Selling and Buying

The last few weeks I've noticed a marked decline in feedback left.

It's usually been received for around 60% of transactions but just lately I'd say it's down to about 20% or less.

I had an email from a buyer the other night letting me know he'd received his book and was very happy with it.

When I checked my feedback (you guessed it) there was nothing left.

Message 9 of 19
Latest reply

This. 17 feedback out of 44 transactions (last 60 days). 17 green, 0 grey, 0 red, 2 unpaid items.
Message 10 of 19
Latest reply