What is the best way to refund part postage please?

A buyer has paid double postage,  I'm not sure of the best way to refund her.

If I click on the link in Paypal to refund will it give me the option to just refund postage or will it automatically refund the whole amount?

Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

If you click on the refund link in paypal you can put whatever amount you want to.
Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

That's good to know, thank you.

Does eBay credit for the fee I have paid them for postage,  just wondering?

Thanks again.

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

eBay haven't for years, and Paypal no longer do. Factor those charges into your refund amount.

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

Unless I'm just one of the lucky ones - PayPal are still crediting their portion of the fees.

Today refunded $4.50 on overpayment of postage - $4.38 from me, $0.12 from PayPal.

I've refunded a few overpayments recently, and PP have always chipped in with their portion of the refund.

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

You have to ask eBay for a refund.  If it's only a few cents I wouldn't bother, but if it's a few $'s different matter (eBay get enough in fees from sellers, no need to unnecessarily add to their coffers).

Easiest way is by live chat > include item number > let LC know you've issued a refund through PP and want your fees adjusted from eBay.  LC will check your PP transaction and agree to issue you an eBay credit (which will come off your monthly account).

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

Paypal have backed away from their new policy on refunds due to Seller blowback. 

11/05/19

"While we recently updated our user agreement to give us the ability to align our refund policy with market practices, we have no plans to make any changes to our existing policy at this time."

---------------------------------------------------
Profanity is no substitute for wit.
Message 7 of 7
Latest reply