What should I do now?

I recently sold a pair of shoes,today I received a msg from the buyer stating in capitals SELLER you listed these as a size 39 I take a 39 DON'T fit.You lied.

I replied saying that was the size on the shoe and if not happy I would refund,I received back YES you WILL refund plus pay the postage to return, so refund me with the extra and then I will send them back.

I said that is not how it is done you return them first and I don't have to pay return postage as there was nothing wrong with them.

I then receive this "YOU DON"T KNOW EBAY RULES  I WILL WASTE NO MORE TIME ON YOU BE GONE.

What should I do now that I have stopped laughing.

Message 1 of 20
Latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

What should I do now?

Nothing, unless they open a return request, I guess - if you think that's likely, I would messsage them one more time and simply ask them to confirm the size that's stated on the shoe, and if it is not 39 to provide a photo. (This assumes that shoes are marked with a size).

Message 2 of 20
Latest reply

What should I do now?

They have not opened a request have just msg again telling me I have no idea and am laughable,that it is ebay rules to refund the buyer before they send back the item.I rang ebay about the feedback and they said its okay for them to do that.She has left a lot of neg feedback for sellers must be very hard to please.The shoe size is clearly stamped on the sole of the shoe.

Message 3 of 20
Latest reply

What should I do now?

She's either very uninformed about eBay's processes, or is trying to pull one over on you, I suspect she's trying it on, and by the sounds of it, it's not their first time. 

Since she has left a neg, I would consider still trying to get them to confirm the shoe size shown on the actual shoe, if you feel it's worth the shot (she sounds like an unpleasant and frustrating person to attempt to communicate with). It might not work, but if it does, and you get confirmation from them that show is a size 39 (as described) you stand a better chance of getting the neg removed. 

Message 4 of 20
Latest reply

What should I do now?

Thanks I will give it a shot she just msg again and stated I am stupid and need to read ebay rules ALL sellers refund before the item is returned.I think she must do this a bit and this time not happy I would not come to the party.
Message 5 of 20
Latest reply

What should I do now?

I'd just tell them to link me to the policy they're referring to from ebay's user agreement and policies, because I've read through them several times and they all indicate that items are to be returned prior to refunds being issued. 

Message 6 of 20
Latest reply

What should I do now?

Have a look at the feedback she has left for others to see if she regularly does this.

And naturally DG is absolutely correct on the above.

image host
Message 7 of 20
Latest reply

What should I do now?

Seems to be a bit regular I wonder how many have refunded her and not received the item back or just told her to keep it.
Message 8 of 20
Latest reply

What should I do now?

***Alarm bells should be ringing***.....do as suggested above ๐Ÿ™‚
Message 9 of 20
Latest reply

What should I do now?

Shoe is clearly marked as a size 39 in your listing photo's. 

Would speak with ebay again and request they view the messages whereas she as stated they are not a 39 and you have lied. They need to view you listing photos also. 

Don't forget to block her from biddinmg on any future items. 

Message 10 of 20
Latest reply