What should I do now?

I recently sold a pair of shoes,today I received a msg from the buyer stating in capitals SELLER you listed these as a size 39 I take a 39 DON'T fit.You lied.

I replied saying that was the size on the shoe and if not happy I would refund,I received back YES you WILL refund plus pay the postage to return, so refund me with the extra and then I will send them back.

I said that is not how it is done you return them first and I don't have to pay return postage as there was nothing wrong with them.

I then receive this "YOU DON"T KNOW EBAY RULES  I WILL WASTE NO MORE TIME ON YOU BE GONE.

What should I do now that I have stopped laughing.

Message 1 of 20
Latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

What should I do now?

@wendymac54 wrote:

I recently sold a pair of shoes,today I received a msg from the buyer stating in capitals SELLER you listed these as a size 39 I take a 39 DON'T fit.You lied.

I replied saying that was the size on the shoe and if not happy I would refund,I received back YES you WILL refund plus pay the postage to return, so refund me with the extra and then I will send them back.

I said that is not how it is done you return them first and I don't have to pay return postage as there was nothing wrong with them.

I then receive this "YOU DON"T KNOW EBAY RULES  I WILL WASTE NO MORE TIME ON YOU BE GONE.

What should I do now that I have stopped laughing.

You've got a very nasty buyer there & maybe one who is a bit strange into the bargain.

But I don't think your reply to her in feedback was the best it could be. She accused you of omitting details. Other potential buyers will only see that feedback, they won't see the message you got where she said you lied. I know you didn't lie but what other potential customers will wonder is-what did  she omit, didn't she give an honest description.

It is so hard to get an all round answer done in 80 characters I know, but I would have tried to convey the info the shoe size was clearly shown in photos & in listing details & refund offered for change of mind. You wasted characters saying she wasn't a nice person. She is definitely not a nice person but other customers have no way of knowing if that is true or just vindictive as they can't see your messages so they don't know the whole story.

You may be able to get ebay to delete her feedback based on your messages, if you can get them to read them & look at the photos as well. I don't know they would delete it based on the feedback alone as the wording doesn't specify what 'details' you supposedly omitted.

Message 11 of 20
Latest reply

What should I do now?

I would suggest that she buys things from here, wears them once for whatever she wants to wear them to, then says there is something wrong to get a refund. So many people refuse to wear something more than once. I'd say she has bought the shoes, worn them out, has no further use for them, so wants a refund. It's called wardrobing and plenty of people are doing it these days. No-one could possibly have that many issues, unless their purpose is to trash the feedback of anyone who doesn't play her game.

I'd be alerting eBay to her feedback left for others and your suspicions that she is buying clothes to wear, then demanding they be returned when she no longer needs them.

Message 12 of 20
Latest reply

What should I do now?

I have ignored her after the feedback and received a msg tonight saying she DEMANDS a refund.I have replied saying if she wants to open a case through ebay and send them back I will refund.The reply to this was "do you even know how to sell on ebay you do not code your listings and only write a few lines,you are laughable I have 100% feedback I am a perfect seller.

I do have another acc with over 4500 feedback and 100% should I mention this Nah i think not.I have blocked her I didn't think she would be able to keep msg me.Should I call ebay again,I have never had a buyer like this.I think you could be right Tippy I had never heard of wardrobing until you mentioned it.

Message 13 of 20
Latest reply

What should I do now?

Stop replying to her..... she's a train wreck, and you're helping to derail her!

Your listing photos clearly show the sz 39 on the shoe.

Ring eBay, ask to speak with a supervisor and ask them to review the nasty emails buyer has been sending to you, demanding refunds outside of the eBay return/refund policy guidelines, and then ask the supervisor to remove the unwarrented neg from your feedback.

DO NOT have any more contact with the buyer. Dont mention refund anymore. Just wait and see if she opens a return case with eBay or Paypal. If she says INAD due to being wrong size, then it should close in your favour, as the listing clearly shows a 39, and her email clearly states she is a 39!

Anyway,

dont stress out about her... easier to say, harder to do, I know... but just remember you have done nothing wrong, and she has done nothing right. You should find peace in that alone Man Wink

Take care and good luck

xxj

********* *********** *********** ************ ************ *********** ***********
Be Kind To Nurses....
They Stop The Doctors From Killing You.
Message 14 of 20
Latest reply

What should I do now?

Her latest response makes me think she might do this to get free stock to sell...

Does she sell on the account she bought with, and does she have a history of selling items she's bought? If so, it would be interesting to see if she lists the shoes and how she describes them.

Message 15 of 20
Latest reply

What should I do now?

I've been watching this thread with interest and concern for you. Goodness me, protect us all from some people.

But honestly, I'm thoroughly convinced this person has some type of mental disorder. I'm new here and this sort of thing would really rattle me, but for what it's worth I'd be taking the suggestion of cutting all contact with her and having my case thoroughly prepared for eBay should she make a complaint.

I know things can be touch and go for sellers here, but surely under the weight of all you can present to eBay, they'd have to support you. Surely?

I'm sad for your stress.

Melina.

Message 16 of 20
Latest reply

What should I do now?

Thankyou everyone for your help,rang ebay this morning got a nice young man who actually looked at my listing and the msgs and removed the neg feedback.Good start to the day.
Message 17 of 20
Latest reply

What should I do now?

Finally someone saw sense! That's great news. Best part is, it will really get up her nose when she realises the feedback is gone. Expect more vitriolic emails. Don't respond to them. Don't even read them. Just delete them. As tempting as it would be to keep reading her rants, the temptation to reply would also be there. Hopefully she'll leave you alone now.

Message 18 of 20
Latest reply

What should I do now?

Oooooh that is so good. Wow! You must be feeling so much better.

I feel good for you.

I don't wish harm to anyone, but some people do deserve to have an arm ripped off and then be beaten about the head with it, don't they?

A good and proper ending.

Melina.

Message 19 of 20
Latest reply

What should I do now?

@clubesquire wrote:

Oooooh that is so good. Wow! You must be feeling so much better.

I feel good for you.

I don't wish harm to anyone, but some people do deserve to have an arm ripped off and then be beaten about the head with it, don't they?

A good and proper ending.

Melina.

Hell yeah and first on my list is that snivelling woman on the LHD lawyers ad on TV. I'd love to beat her around the head with a severed arm. Followed by a few numpty buyers that have visited the boards recently.

Message 20 of 20
Latest reply