Why NO eBay Credit, WHY, WHY, WHY

How Pathetic as sellers on eBay Australia we still have no option to offer BUYERS a truly hassle free buying experience by offering credit to Buyers so they can BUY NOW and pay off in installments.

It will be the downfall of eBay Australia as the US has had it via PayPal Credit for years and now every Online Australian Retailer has it via AFTERPAY or one of the DOZEN other providers that have popped up over the last couple of years.

WHAT A DISGRACE

WAKE UP eBay, seriously, we are coming up to the busiest time of the year for a lot of sellers and BUYERS ONLINE are avoiding eBay like the plague because this option has not been put into place as yet.

I'm not sure there is anything more pathetic, charge commissions on postage, yeah, not a problem, but to lift sales across the whole eBay community moving forward, and all you get is crickets.

Not sure it gets any worse, something so simple, yet eBay fail to act, that my friends unfortunately is the main reason why eBay Australia is going down the sinkhole quicker than it can open

Zipay

Afterpay

Message 1 of 32
Latest reply
31 REPLIES 31

Re: Why NO eBay Credit, WHY, WHY, WHY

Last year Afterpay reported their income as 75% merchant fees and 25% late payments. On very few, percentage-wise, late payments.

So that's $65m in late fees. It would seem that is a fair incentive to not do due diligence on their buying customers, and certainly doesn't fill me with confidence that their business model is sustainable

Message 31 of 32
Latest reply

Re: Why NO eBay Credit, WHY, WHY, WHY

@davewil1964 wrote:

Last year Afterpay reported their income as 75% merchant fees and 25% late payments. On very few, percentage-wise, late payments.

So that's $65m in late fees. It would seem that is a fair incentive to not do due diligence on their buying customers, and certainly doesn't fill me with confidence that their business model is sustainable

Yes and 2019 AfterPay accounts show late payments as 18.7% or 0.9% of underlying sales.  In comparison Credit Cards having a total balance of $45.5 Billion with Accuring Interest of $29.5 Billion.  I guess not much confidence in the credit Card business model as sustainable either.

---------------------------------------------------
Profanity is no substitute for wit.
Message 32 of 32
Latest reply