Why am I getting message "Posting cost can't be calculated. Please enter a valid postcode" ?

For some of my listings postage calculation does not work, customer recieves message "Posting cost can't be calculated. Please enter a valid postcode" , does anyone know why ? 

Dimensions i mentioned in listings are all under Australia post limits.

My all listings are Domestics only.

Message 1 of 23
Latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

Why am I getting message "Posting cost can't be calculated. Please enter a valid postcode" ?

Nov 2016, the bug still not fixed by eBay. Changed my large package size to 30x30x30 and all works fine.

Message 11 of 23
Latest reply

Please don't drag up old threads, the solution has already been shown.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 12 of 23
Latest reply

I think this thread still maintains its relevance to bump - given the glitch is still occurring and the thread contains a work-around. .

Others reading boards who might be experiencing this long term glitch may be more likely to come across the solution.

Dead thread commentators should not assume that all issues and information in older threads are out of date and no longer relevant - maybe to the dead threaders they are, but not to others.

Message 13 of 23
Latest reply

This issue still appears to be present in 2017. I'm getting the exact same error message when attempting to calculate postage for a "Buy It Now" listing from the US to the UK.

Message 14 of 23
Latest reply

Maybe try the UK boards, then.

I doubt many (any?) AUSTRALIAN sellers can even advise you, much less provide a solution.

Message 15 of 23
Latest reply

I'm an australian lister selling worldwide, had my items listed for over 2 years without a problem, then 3 weeks ago, the error message just appeared on all of my items. Reported to ebay 3 times still not fixed 3 weeks later. So it is relevant to comment on old threads because the root of the problem has not been fixed by ebay and the problem is still occuring without resolution today. I use australia post eparcel and it calculates the cost by cubing or weight whichever is the greater so 100cm x 25cm x 25cm cubed is greater than the 4.5kgs the item weighs, so your work around does not help me.

Message 16 of 23
Latest reply

However, you are not heyju, who I was addressing months ago. Who appears to be a UK seller, and thus is subject to a different site than us.

Which was the only workaround I offered. Given it was relevant to the person I was talking to...

Message 17 of 23
Latest reply

Hi all, having the same problem on all my listings, the above work around does not work either. having to calculate everyones postage and send a invoice is a big pain. Tried other postage options suggested by ebay and they seem to be stuck on the minimum postage amount and wont calculate any higher... its been going on for near a month, sent quite a few emails to ebay and i get the feeling they're just stringing me along ..... sales are going backwards at the best time of the year for AU sellers and i wonder if its ever going to be fixed!. any other ideas would be appreciated. cheers, Ron.

Message 18 of 23
Latest reply

Still happening.

65 x 40 x 40 parcel 6 kgs gets the oops.

So I suppose have to take it to the PO & sort postage there the old fashioned way.

Buyer has already paid & likely postage will be higher.

No point reporting this to ebay I suppose.

Message 19 of 23
Latest reply

This worked!! Unsure if Aus Post will pick up on the difference in dimensions, but the weight of each item is correct. Thank you!

Message 20 of 23
Latest reply