Why can't I leave negative feedback for a buyer that didn't pay?

Ebay should change their policy's about non paying buyers.I can not leave a negative feedback for a non paying buyer.Ebay live chat told me they will keep their eye on that non paying buyer but they still get to keep their 100% good feedback.WHY

I thought a contract is a contract.Why dont Ebay fight harder and also leave a negative feedback on all non payers,cut their feedback good scores down by half and leave a very embarrassing,non paying comment on their feedback or just kick them off instantly before that person does it to others.NO chances,you bid,you dont pay,delete account.

Message 1 of 19
Latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Re: Why can't I leave negative feedback for a buyer that didn't pay?

Please tell me how leaving negative feedback is going to stop them buying from you? A buyer could have 10% feedback, meaning most of their feedback are red dots and they will still merrily buy. Open an close an unpaid item dispute, give them a well deserved strike, add them to your blocked list and move on. If you want to play the contract card, contact a lawyer and see if they can force them to pay. I thought so,

Message 2 of 19
Latest reply

@geoffro68 wrote:

...they still get to keep their 100% good feedback.

If you lodge a Non-Paying Bidder dispute against them and they don't pay, they get a "strike" against their account. Many sellers have their accounts set so anyone with an NPB strike can't bid on their items (you can do that, too - it may be that your bidder already has at least one strike; setting your account so that users with strikes can't bid would have saved you this grief).

Message 3 of 19
Latest reply

If you lodge a Non-Paying Bidder dispute against them and they don't pay, they get a "strike" against their account. 

What performance parts said. A strike works better than a red dot as a lot of sellers know the system & have their blocks in place. And if you open a non payer dispute you get your fees back too. The more sellers block non payers the better. 

You could also offer your stuff at a fixed price & only accept immedient payment. That definately stops the non payers !!

Message 4 of 19
Latest reply

Just to add, if a member is a buyer only they can have "private feedback" so a seller would never see those negs anyway............as the others have said, always go down the UPI road.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 5 of 19
Latest reply

I suggest you do as others have said and also list your items with BIN with immediate payment required then the buyer has to pay.

Message 6 of 19
Latest reply

Hi Performance, I know how to block bidders generally, but would appreciate knowing how to block anyone, unbeknownst to me, with. NPB strike, if you could advise please?

thanks,

Melina

Message 7 of 19
Latest reply

Sure thing!

Just go here and you can do it all - block buyers with x amount of strikes in x period, with a low feebdbak rating, etc.     

Message 8 of 19
Latest reply

@geoffro68 wrote:

Ebay should change their policy's about non paying buyers.I can not leave a negative feedback for a non paying buyer.Ebay live chat told me they will keep their eye on that non paying buyer but they still get to keep their 100% good feedback.WHY

I thought a contract is a contract.Why dont Ebay fight harder and also leave a negative feedback on all non payers,cut their feedback good scores down by half and leave a very embarrassing,non paying comment on their feedback or just kick them off instantly before that person does it to others.NO chances,you bid,you dont pay,delete account.

Neg feedback from sellers went out years ago, mainly as too many of them were using it almost like blackmail ie you dare give me a neg & I will give one right back at you.

What the others have said is better, don't get mad, get even-give them a non payment strike & maybe it will help to stop them being able to buy from some sellers.

What ebay could do is for each non payment  strike, take away one point score in feedback.

Ebay itself will never leave embarrassing non payment info in a person's visible information for the simple reason it would annoy those buyers, maybe stop them from buying again or using that account. The last thing we want is bad buyers just opening new accounts. Fact is, a non paying buyer probably pays sometimes but even if they don't, ebay still gets the fees for the sale until such time as the seller claims them back. And guess what, I suspect quite a few sellers never bother for small amounts. 

So what you're looking at it s situation where ebay makes money by default. Why would they kill that goose?

As for kicking people off after one unpaid item, that's a bit draconian. A consistently bad record though does need some action taken by ebay.

Message 9 of 19
Latest reply

Many thanks Performance. I appreciate your help.

Melina.

Message 10 of 19
Latest reply