Why does Ebay change the postage charge on item I am selling?

I posted an item to sell - clearly noted the postage charge as $15.00. Item was sold - when I go to send the invoice, it now states postage is $9.40. Yet profile of my item clearly states this.Capture-2.JPG

If I send an invoice to buyer - will I have to manually change postage charge to $15? Even this $15 is a reduced postage charge so not happy at having it reduced further.

Message 1 of 26
Latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

Re your sold item for $70,  when I view the original listing,  it shows  $9.40 postage 

and there is nothing to indicate the listing has been revised at all.

Message 2 of 26
Latest reply

I also only see $9.40 with nothing showing it has been revised

Sorry but not seeing what you are seeing

Message 3 of 26
Latest reply

Have a look at the enclosed copy of what I am seeing on my sold page - it CLEARLY states the price of the item, PLUS CLEARLY states - " + postage (buyer to pay $15.00)". I always dump a copy of the ad AFTER I have posted it, and it CLEARLY shows I listed the postage at $15.

Message 4 of 26
Latest reply

I never revised the postage charge. I never changed it from $15. Postage charge was ALWAYS set at $15, yet when it comes to sending invoice - suddenly it is changed to $9.40? Not by me. And why does it CLEARLY state " + postage (buyer to pay $15.00)"?

Message 5 of 26
Latest reply

How do you enter your postage options - as in, do you use flat rate or calculated? If calculated, was a 500g satchel entered with a handling fee to make up the cost to $15? Do you use business policies or enter postage options / costs on a per-listing basis? 

No one here can really know what happened, in any case, we can only make guesses. I'm only asking the above to check which postage system / areas may have potential problems (i.e. if more people experience this issue, the same questions will be asked to see if there are any common denominators). 

I am fairly confident, though, that if you send an invoice with $9.40 entered as the postage cost, that is what the buyer will receive and you'd have to change it manually to $15 - without knowing whether the buyer saw $9.40 or $15 when they bid, it's hard to say whether you should contact them about it first or just wait to see if they take issue with it - judgement call, I suppose. 

Message 6 of 26
Latest reply

The listing has not been revised, and only shows  $9.40  postage.  Even checked and it is not a calculated post item.

I do not know where or how you are seeing $15.00  Could you possibly be viewing a previous sale, obsolete ended listing.  Can you possibly provide a listing number that shows where you are seeing this $15.00 postage.

Has your current sale  been relisted using the sell similar option, with the postage charge included at $9.40

as relates to a number of your sold and current listings.

Message 7 of 26
Latest reply

Postage charge was ALWAYS set at $15

Of the 3 items you have listed, 1 has postage of $14 and the other 2 have postage of $9.40

Message 8 of 26
Latest reply

See my original post. Under the amount $70, it clearly states, and is viewable my end, - postage  "buyer pays $15.00". 

If I had stated postage of $9.40, where does this $15 come from? Very confusing.

Message 9 of 26
Latest reply

And I suggest you See the responses - your items are listed as davewill has pointed out.

As a seller I would log out and go in as a guest and check your actual listings, that way you will see what we are seeing and all eBayers are seeing.

Once you have done that, troubleshooot your problem as digital*ghost has advised, not much we can do to help you further.

You are welcome

Message 10 of 26
Latest reply