Why does postage cost 10% more on Ebay?

I just purchased a Parcel Post Docket from Australia Post-  Via  My Business Post account  and it only cost $7.15

but if I purchase on Ebay it cost $7.95. 

Why would we buy postage from eBay when  the cost  is 10% more

Shipment cost

Parcel total $7.95 Discount -$0.80

Total $7.15

Inc. GST $0.65

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Why does postage cost 10% more on Ebay?

Yep, My post business now gives a 10% discount.  your parcel sounds like its under 500g  which I thought cost  $7.20 via ebay.  At present I use ebay post for items under  3kg.  might have to pay a bit  more attention to the charges now.

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Yeap my parcel is under 0.5kgs and it does cost 7.95 on eBay

Ebays selling pitch to purchase postage on eBay is:

You receive a discount compared to what you would pay at the post office on most services available for postage label printing on eBay because they are made available to you at negotiated rates.

but thats  not true you actual pay 10% more

@gutterpunkz05 wrote:

Yep, My post business now gives a 10% discount.  your parcel sounds like its under 500g  which I thought cost  $7.20 via ebay.  At present I use ebay post for items under  3kg.  might have to pay a bit  more attention to the charges now.

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

I just found this information on Australia post send and save

The more you send, the more you save
After an 8-week period on the introductory offer, weโ€™ll adjust your saving based on your eligible parcel sending volume.
Average parcel sending volume per week Savings
Less than 5 - Zero 
5+ a week 10% discount 
10+ a week 12% 
20+ a week 15%

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

Most of the parcels I send, come in at under 0.5kg. I wrap them myself (rather that using prepaid satchels) and post them over the counter at my local PO and they cost $7.95. Price went up on Oct 1 from $7.60 to $7.95

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

if you register with Australian Post on thier website MyPost Business and you send over 5+ parcles a week then you get the discount so a parcel that cost $7.95 only cost $7.15.

The more you send the cheaper the postage.

These discounts are current as of 1st October.

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply