Why dont we have a Global shipping programme in Australia ?

I have just sold a $35 item to a buyer in Spain  . wasnt away it was listed world wide'. Anyhow  I'm ok with shipping it but when i enquired to the cost it was  $75 dollars for a 2.5klg parcel  .(Aus Post ) .I will still have to add another 11%  for ebay  shipping fee plus 4.5% for PayPal international trans fee  and these no packing or handling fee in that  ,So i would guess the buyer will want to cancel  when they get my invoice . Why dont we have the  GSP here , seems to be a far cheaper method  ship larger parcels and as a seller i only have to get it to a  central  depot 

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Why dont we have a Global shipping programme in Australia ?

I'd guess that the reason we don't have it here is due to the relatively small population and large land mass compared to the US and UK. Shipping would be cheaper for you as a seller BUT would probably be a lot more expensive for the buyer due to Pitney Bowes charges for handling and postage.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

As mentioned, it is likely to be even more expensive if it went through the Global shipping program.

Latest reply

I doubt Australia was a priority, but there are signs it may be implemented here at some point - eg having the ability to enter exact package dimensions and weight fields into listing forms, which allows the GSP to calculate their shipping charges relatively accurately, and we currently have the ability in selling manager to sort our listings to only show those using the GSP. 

It's possible these are just flow-on adjustments from changes made on other eBay sites (it's happened plenty of times before, eg eBay US provided fee discounts to sellers who qualified for Top Rated but they never introduced that here, yet if you ever checked the fees page, it had a line about listings that qualified for fee discounts - it may even still be there Smiley LOL, so the appearance of this stuff doesn't guarantee it will be available to Aus sellers in the future, but I wouldn't rule it out all together). 

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply