Why ebay does not validate shipping address when buyer places order?

Seems every website can validate a buyers shipping address.  Every website other than EBAY.  I would love to be able to push a button and print labels for the days orders.  Instead I have to laboriously check half of them because people do not know how to enter an address.

And even worse, I am now getting 90% + of my orders showing invalid addresses despite being VALID.  

Thanks EBAY for the 20 year outdated system AND 90%+ false positives.

Denis

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

@p9games wrote:

i know right..  seriously.  I had an address in postcode 4158 and they said the city was Brisbane.  

every other website uses an auto complete kind of system that has the addresses and doesnt permit invalid addresses.  If EBAY did this it would be great.

I agree and the form should be asking for suburb, not city these days. Technically they are correct saying the city is Brisbane but it's not very helpful for AP - 20-30kms away on the wrong side of the river!

Message 11 of 12
Latest reply

@imastawka wrote:

And yet, when you look at their fb, they've received parcels before, with no problems!

Probably because they buy from sellers who know when and how to correct an address.

Wouldn't be surprised at all if incorrect addresses contribute to the number of INRs Chinese sellers get, to be honest, going by the amount of such addresses I get, and presuming they do what I do with international addresses (copy / paste them exactly, since I'm not googling every single one and I have no idea if something isn't quite right like I do with Australian addresses). 

I've had packages marked as undeliverable and RTS by Aus Post because minor details were missing or incorrect, despite the fact that all the details required to actually deliver it were there (eg I wrote Cr and they apparently couldn't figure out if that was the abbreviation for Court, Circuit, Crescent, Corner or Circle, so it's not that much of a stretch for them to find a mismatched postcode and suburb undeliverable, the most common error but certainly not the only one, despite the street number and name being correct). 

Message 12 of 12
Latest reply