Why has Ebay removed the previous categories for specific doll products

Why has Ebay reduced the many categories for doll products, based on age, country of origin, materials etc and replaced them with a single category  in which dolls from plastic to ceramic, from across 200 years, from artworks to children's toys

• Dolls & Doll Playsets

This is not how people search for dolls on eBay.

I believe that they have removed similar relevant categories from a range of collectables and antiques. Ebay does not seem to have consulted with their communities of either buyers or sellers when reorganising the sales classifications.

Does anyone know anything more? Does anyone know how the justified this decision?

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re: Why has Ebay removed the previous categories for specific doll products

@brulinsfarm wrote:

even though they rake 15% + from us with every sale.

Really, just a small exaggeration, but it makes the story sound better.

Message 11 of 13
Latest reply

Except when I use Keywords to search I still get 100s of totally unrelated items, including items that do not fit in the broad category that I am looking in.

so people must be filling in the item specifics  wrongly or the algorithms that ebay is using are actually not efficient as you claim 

you can't paint a lump of dog poo gold and claim it is bullion

Message 12 of 13
Latest reply

@kaiserin-auguste-viktoria wrote:

Except when I use Keywords to search I still get 100s of totally unrelated items, including items that do not fit in the broad category that I am looking in.

It's very easy to get rid of those unrelated items, simply put a space at the end of the search then -and the item that you want to get rid of.

Many of my searches have that in them.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 13 of 13
Latest reply