Why have my sales nosedived so badly? Is Ebay interfering in the selling process?

Why have my sales nosedived so badly? Is Ebay interfering in the selling process? I have promoted all my listings but made no difference.

Message 1 of 43
Latest reply
42 REPLIES 42

Why have my sales nosedived so badly? Is Ebay interfering in the selling process?

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

@dotchmansilver2016 wrote:

Why have my sales nosedived so badly? Is Ebay interfering in the selling process? I have promoted all my listings but made no difference.

Ebay has been interfering in the selling process for years.....no difference there at all.

Seriously though, jewellery is a difficult category to sell in....there is just so much that people can buy unless you cater for a niche market.

I admire any seller who can make a go of selling jewellery and women's clothing.

Message 2 of 43
Latest reply

Really good question 

I was thinking that too 

would gumtree an Facebook have any to do with sales ?

I think alot of people are sick of the Fees and the scammers making use of the 100 % money back guarantee 

I would normally selll a few badges or clothing NOTHING not even watchers ... I do believe Ebay personal ar marking watchers .. I had 6 watcher and did not sell 

I give up 

Donna

Message 3 of 43
Latest reply

Unfortunatley the economy has an impact on ebay sales and would expect the next year to be not much better. If you sell in a discretionary spend categary it will be tougher than most. 

Message 4 of 43
Latest reply

Regarding your dropping sales, you are not alone.  We are heading for a recession. Many people are really struggling. Non-essential items are the first to be crossed off the wish list.

Message 5 of 43
Latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, unfortnately ( despite the spin our pre-election government is trying to put on our economic situation ) a recession is loomimg

and most on the ground are feeling the pinch. We are on the downslide of our economic roller coaster.

The general feeling is that "The sky is falling". Sadly, it is.

Message 6 of 43
Latest reply

Funny thing is everyone needs to start spending to stop it but most are feeling the pinch like you say. 

Message 7 of 43
Latest reply

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes, unfortnately ( despite the spin our pre-election government is trying to put on our economic situation ) a recession is loomimg

and most on the ground are feeling the pinch. We are on the downslide of our economic roller coaster.

The general feeling is that "The sky is falling". Sadly, it is.

Strap your self in and hang on for the ride.  While things are likely to get tough, there could be some bargains on the horizon.

Message 8 of 43
Latest reply

@dotchmansilver2016 wrote:

It is an obvious conclusion to come to, but I doubt it. Some days, weeks, months or even years sales are up. In others they are down. There are certainly forces that affect sales, such as the looming recession that others have mentioned, but ultimately sales are random. Sometimes there just isn't anybody out there who wants or needs your items.

Hang in there, things will pick up eventually.

Message 9 of 43
Latest reply

ZERO sales over two weeks something is very WRONG...we've done everything..free same day domestic postage...clean concise copy on our lisitings..100% Feedback...good prices..makes NO difference..E-Bay keeps nosediving..but the cut they take from sales doesnt... FIX IT!!! E-Bay

Message 10 of 43
Latest reply