Why is it you can no longer sell collectable military bayonets on eBay

I have been told by eBay that I cannot sell a US military bayonet or any other form of bayonet as it is a violation? Yet you can go on eBay and buy a DOUBLE HEADED WAR AXE OR A SAMURI SWORD, they say they are trying to make eBay a safe place to shop, well some of the weapons that come out of Asia are not safe, some sort of double standard here if you ask me.

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

I don't think it so much the bayonet, but I seem to remember restrictions on military items tigtening up on eBay several years ago.

image host
Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

i think this is one policy area where it must be extremely difficult for ebay to police. they have to take into consideration every states weapon and firearms laws which all differ greatly. the policy is quite comprehensive when you look through it - http://pages.ebay.com.au/help/policies/firearms-weapons-knives.html

i dare say that a lot of the asian weapons which appear on ebay.com.au are probably listed on their own country's ebay site and offer to ship them worldwide. that being said, it doesn't mean they'll necessarily make it through customs. 

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

Yes, Very Good Point, ...does NOT mean that it will even get close to your Door. AND NO REFUND FROM AUSTRALIAN CUSTOMS.
Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

You are not allowed to sell any badges, clothing or equipment that is currently being used by any military or law enforcement services.

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply