Why is the new default Best Match?

Ebay Australia has defaulted my store the best match. WHY???

I don't like it. I much prefer newly listed as my default.

Message 1 of 18
Latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Ooops, sorry, *your* store

Afraid I do not know as I don't have a store myself, so I'm not sure where to suggest looking in your settings to see if you can change it

When I am seraching for something, I change to 'newly listed' in the drop down menu as it always comes up with 'best match' no matter what I search for or from which seller

Message 2 of 18
Latest reply

Mine's the same as yours at the moment.....they're fiddling again
Message 3 of 18
Latest reply

Mine's still on newly listed.

Message 4 of 18
Latest reply

Mine is also on my selected sort field. (I change the field, depending on what sort of things I'm searching for, but never, never, NEVER do I go to โ€œBest Matchโ€).

I only find myself in Best Match territory if I'm not signed in, but of course it's highly likely that eBay tinkerers are tinkering away in the night, like the Elves and the Shoemaker gone wrong.

Message 5 of 18
Latest reply

Mine too is defaulting to that (irrespective of whether I am signed in or I get someone else to try who isn't logged in).  I can't even figure what 'best match' even means unless you are doing a search for a particular item. 

Message 6 of 18
Latest reply

It's a new bug. My setting is still to sort by Time Ending Soonest, but ebay is now ignoring this. The more people to call them and report the bug the faster they will fix it.

To check your setting:

- Go to Account - Manage My Store - (Left Navigation menu)  Edit My Store - Listings (and Featured Listings) drop down box

Message 7 of 18
Latest reply

Mine's still on newly listed. I must be special. ๐Ÿ™‚
Message 8 of 18
Latest reply

brer, when I clicked on your shop, it showed me Best Match. I clicked on both the red and blue doors and they both showed Best Match.

Message 9 of 18
Latest reply

๐Ÿ˜ž Ignorance is bliss, or was. ๐Ÿ˜‰ It must be different when other people see it, compared to when I look.
Message 10 of 18
Latest reply