Why is the new default Best Match?

Ebay Australia has defaulted my store the best match. WHY???

I don't like it. I much prefer newly listed as my default.

Message 1 of 18
Latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Re: Why is the new default Best Match?

I've clicked on both the red door and the blue door; items are sorted according to lowest price & postage for me.

Message 11 of 18
Latest reply

Hm, I wonder if there is another setting, and it's for the person looking instead of for the shop itself.

Message 12 of 18
Latest reply

@melbourneclearance wrote:

Hm, I wonder if there is another setting, and it's for the person looking instead of for the shop itself.

I get newly listed when I look at your store.  I only ever look at ebay using newly listed.  If I look when I'm not signed in it always defaults to best match so maybe you're right and it does show according to your usual settings?  When you do a search, does it show as best match or does it show some other way?

Message 13 of 18
Latest reply

@countessalmirena wrote:

I've clicked on both the red door and the blue door; items are sorted according to lowest price & postage for me.

Is the default setting for your searches/browsing set to sort by lowest price & postage?

Message 14 of 18
Latest reply

My own search default with my store ID is price +postage, lowest first, and that's what my store items are now defaulted to if I view them (I previously had it set to ending soonest). I tried to change it in my shop settings, but it didna take.

I have it set to ending soonest on this ID, and my store items show as ending soonest when I check with this, so I'd say it's now (or at least temporarily) based on the buyer's search preferences.  

Message 15 of 18
Latest reply

Yes, my search setting is Best Match, but it wouldn't let me change it at the moment, keeps coming up with some error. I too suspect that setting is what ebay is using now instead of the shop setting as before.

Message 16 of 18
Latest reply

@brerrabbit585 wrote:

@countessalmirena wrote:

Is the default setting for your searches/browsing set to sort by lowest price & postage?

Yes, it is.

Message 17 of 18
Latest reply

It makes sense to show it the way the buyer normally sorts everything, except that I'm sure a lot of buyers use best match simply because they don't know that it's possible to sort other ways.

Message 18 of 18
Latest reply