Why selling promotions no longer applied automatically since ebay moved to managed payments?

seanzyc
Community Member

I have sold multiple items under different selling promotions (which waived Final Value Fees).

Normally the promotional offer will be automatically applied when my item was sold.

However, after eBay moved to managed payments, the promotion offer stopped working and I literally had to contact customer service to claim back the fees. 

This is really annoying!

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Why selling promotions no longer applied automatically since ebay moved to managed payments?

Yes. I've had the same problem, across a couple of IDs. It's becoming tiresome spending too long on chat to get fee credits., however, I guess we just have to grin and bear it. 

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

Re: Why selling promotions no longer applied automatically since ebay moved to managed payments?

And just now I had a sizeable sale on another Id and can't get a refund despite the promo being there loud and proud under My Promos.

But I'm not going to give up. Might have to come back here for some advice, though. 

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

I noticed this has happened to me right now. I thought I'd list a couple of things with the current promo that ends midnight tonight. Promo was for 5 listings and it says I still have all 5 listings, so neither of the ones I put up had it applied.

Screenshot below:

Screenshot 2021-05-11 224756.jpg

Yes, annoying.

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

Yes - it has been happening for months now on my account. I wonder what the ACCC will say about overcharging their customers on a consistent basis. I have gotten a refund though every time I have asked for it so far, it is just a pain in the backside to have to contact them every time I make a sale. Don't give up, quote them the item number and the promotion - make sure you take screen shots. I contact them via eBay chat and say something like : Please refund selling $##.## final fees for item XXXXX, as the "Make more on your next 5 sales" promo was not correctly applied. Make sure you quote the dates the promotion was applicable for. Note that you don't need to sell it before the end date of the promo, you only need an active listing before the end date. Also take note that the promo does not apply when you list in multiple categories and certain categories are excluded. All mentioned in the T&C's.

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply