Why won't my photos upload?

When I click Add photos and select my pics, it just forever says it is uploading but nothing happens. I've tried waiting for over half an hour to make sure it isn't just super slow. It simply appears to not be working. Is this the case for others also?

Message 1 of 21
Latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

Re: Why won't my photos upload?

aurellian
Community Member

I always have trouble using the 'standard' uploader (it is the far left tab on the top of the upload page.) I don't have much trouble with the 'basic' uploader (the tab on the right). If you are using the standard, try using the basic. (or visa versa). The other thing to try is: use a different browser. Ebay seems generally Firefox-friendly.

Message 2 of 21
Latest reply

If you are using the quick listing tool, which is the one where everything is on one page with the submit button at the bottom, try using the advanced tool. To get there, click on change category up the top, then at the top of the next screen is a link for advanced listing tool. Ignore the warning and select Switch. 

On the next screen, there should be a link to your item, click on that and it will take you to the advanced tool and you can try loading photos that way.

If you are using the advanced listing tool, which is the one where you list on one page, then have to go to a second page to submit, do as above and select quick listing tool from the top of the change category page.

Message 3 of 21
Latest reply

I had problems over a couple of weeks with the exact same problem  .... it had never had happened before.   I had to change my browser from Mozilla to Internet Explorer as I could only download on Explorer ..... and it was a real nuisance and time consuming.

However, about a week ago, I realised it only happened when I 'double clicked' on the 'Browse' button.   I now make sure I only CLICK ONCE.

I know it sounds like a really simple thing ....but I'm back to downloading as before without a problem. 

Try it ..... I hope it works for you  🙂

Message 4 of 21
Latest reply

I do all my listings on Auctiva and then time and date schedule them to go onto ebay. Works very well. 

Message 5 of 21
Latest reply

My photos weren't showing up on my selling page, but when I checked them as a guest, they are showing up. I near carped myself when I saw it like that as I didn't want to have to go and redo them all!!

Only time I use Explorer is when I get stuck in a login loop on Firefox or Chrome.

Message 6 of 21
Latest reply

Thanks all, let me give some of those ideas a try!

Message 7 of 21
Latest reply

bc-555
Community Member

I haven't been able to upload photos for the PAST 4 DAYS! I've tried all photo uploaders. I've tried basic, classic, & enhanced uploaders and NONE OF THEM WORK. I haven't had any connectivity issues with my internet. I've tried different browsers (Firefox, Internet Explorer) I've tried a different computer. ALSO, I have called eBay customer support twice. AND OF COURSE, I got NO answers. This is ridiculous I've been trying to post listings for the past 4 days and I cannot do so if I can't upload pictures. I am VERY irritated with eBay right now. Being so close to the holidays I really nead to start listing A LOT to get those holiday sales.

Message 8 of 21
Latest reply

Have you tried listing with the quick listing tool as opposed to the advanced listing tool? When you create your listing, click on change category and up the top will be a link for the quick listing tool. Try that, it might work. If not, I'll all out of ideas as you seem to have tried everything.

Message 9 of 21
Latest reply

there is no option for me to switch to quick listing tool. Ive looked everywhere and even googled for instructions to no avail.  I don't want to use that tool anyway. Have been using advanced tool for years now with no problems for the most part. I even called ebay again and they could give me no answers whatsoever. And they even alluded to the fact that if it's not a problem for a lot of people it will not be given any priority to get fixed. They are VERY vague in giving any answers whatsoever.

Message 10 of 21
Latest reply