Why wont buyers leave feedback?

Hi,

I always leave feedback when buyers pay for the item. When I post the items I always track them to make sure they get delivered. Just recently  the last 4 items I sold in particular  not one of the buyers have left me feedback. Why? Are they lazy or only want to receive and not give back

Does no one give a damn , For me its  courteous to say thanks received item.....

Should I send a message and say Hey saw the item was delievered hope your happy? Please leave feedback or should I forget about it and come to realisation no one has manners anymore

Its probably no one has manners -

Is everyone  looking for a cheap bargain for example

I had an item for sale last week 79.90 Buy It Now + 8.60 postage.

I received a msg will you accept $50. I answered No.

The next msg was whats your best price which I replied $79.90 + postage & I dont have make an offer on the item

Next msg was would your accept $65  - so I answered I would meet them half way $72 + 8.60 postage

Next msg $72 with free postage - I ended  the item - this person drove me to the edge, Im all for fair offers but some are ridiculous. Thanks to that buyer  I am having a total break from selling I have ended all my items

Ebay selling is perhaps not for me anymore,  I will continue to buy and leave feedback for the sellers. 

Message 1 of 56
Latest reply
55 REPLIES 55

I like leaving feedback and only if something didn't go to plan but I don't feel it warrants a complaint I may choose not to leave feedback (for instance recently one item didn't turn up and eBay refunded but I think it was probably lost in the post, not the seller's fault).

There have been comments on the forum how feedback is pointless, no one reads it etc.  Perhaps some buyers believe that and don't bother.  Personally I find feedback a useful tool for buying.

Message 11 of 56
Latest reply

It's obvious from the complaints about Chinese sellers that a LOT of people never read feedback (and not just Chinese ones). I have to admit I'm guilty of not bothering to read it occasionally if they're 100% but it's the sort of item that nothing is likely to go wrong.
Message 12 of 56
Latest reply

I get the frustration and can see why it is important to some as certainly in my category its common that people buy based on the feedback score of sellers even if the item is $100-200 higher in price. Although of course they may be loyal customers of the sellers and have had a great experience in the past...or cough cough the way ebay listings show up (or don't).Feedback also does provide a buffer from any negs that come too. 

For me I was operating at around 25-30% feedback given around 18 months ago and now probably it has risen to 45-50% i would say. My personal thoughts on why this is are the following;

1) I was originally waiting for buyers to leave feedback first in case there was an issue/problem buyer, and i did not inadvertently leave them another point on their fb score. I now leave fb for buyers within 24-48 hours generally.

2) I always send a courtesy message to buyers now which I did not previosuly. Just to say that we had safely packed their item and when we would be handing over to the frieght company. I find this communication has contributed a lot to the fb with a lot of buyers crediting the good communication. And it's always a personal message not computer generated with their first name used.

I think both of the above have led to the increase on top of what was already good customer service in other aspects. I do occassionaly look at the feedback given from my buyers to others and it is rare that a serial fb giver does not leave fb for me, and some never give fb to any sellers and so nothing will likely help with those buyers who just do not see the point in leaving feedback. 

Message 13 of 56
Latest reply

Appreciate you taking the time to answer my question
Message 14 of 56
Latest reply

I believe online stores are different to what I sell on ebay, I dont have a store I am just a retired person trying to sell unwanted items. I guess not hearing from the buyer also can mean everything about the item is good! I will have to start thinking that way, thanks for answering
Message 15 of 56
Latest reply

Well I guess not hearing is a good thing, in my experiences in life most people are apt to complain more then give praise. Thanks for answering
Message 16 of 56
Latest reply

When i decided to sell on ebay again I will have to be tougher and ignore unwanted offers. Thanks for you answering my question
Message 17 of 56
Latest reply

Thanks for taking the time to answer
Message 18 of 56
Latest reply

Appreciate you taking the time to answer
Message 19 of 56
Latest reply

Thanks for answering : - )