Will I get late shipment defects for items that are sold when I have holiday settings turned on.

If I have my store in holiday mode for a month & leave listings visible does my normal next day postage for sold items have to be honoured to avoid getting late shipment defects. I used to leave everything visible & just post anything sold when I returned & had no problems but I think that was before the defect system was in place.

thanks

Peter

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Will I get late shipment defects for items that are sold when I have holiday settings turned on.

If your store is in holiday mode then you can have the listings visible but buyers cannot buy from you.

Isn't that the way holiday mode works ? I don't have a store.

Or do you have several options for holiday mode ?

If so and being away for a month it would be better to not have buyers able to buy in that period.

They can still add to their watch list and wait until you return.

image host
Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

When you put your store into holiday mode, extend your handling time to a date after you return.

Post anything that has been purchased before you have done this.

That way you won't get any defects for late postage.

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

I certainly wouldn't want to risk it.

Unless you blow your handling time out to 30 days, eBay will auto defect you for anything posted as a parcel that isn't posted within your stated handling time. Everything posted without tracking will depend on the buyer (noting that buyers tend to read very little of a listing) not defecting you subjectively. Not counting those who will open a INR dispute well within 30 days. Which, if you are off the net, will incur further, more deleterious, defects.

Maybe you could actually stop selling when you are away. A bit of a novelty idea, that you would take a holiday and expect your buyers to wait a month for delivery, I know. I suspect you will get enough defects to make you think twice next time, provided your account withstands this time.

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

Peter, you are asking for trouble by going away for a month and leaving your listings visible.

Next time, tick the box in the holiday settings which says "Keep people from buying your fixed price listings while you're on holiday."

As Dave points out, not fair to expect people to wait up to 30 days, most of them want it yesterday and the holiday notice is very small and a lot of buyers can easily miss it and not realize you are on holidays.

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply