Will it be viable for you to run your store based on current sales?

Would you think there could be temporary store fees relief if there was to be an exodus of stores closing? 

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Re: Will it be viable for you to run your store based on current sales?

I honestly don't know.  My guess is no. 

I get that it may be different for others, but I can afford to keep the store open for several months even with very few sales. I'd rather keep my stock and visibility out there and see how things go.  If things absolutely tank over a long period, I'll reconsider it.

Message 2 of 14
Latest reply

My sales are holding up pretty well all things considered, so business as usual here including paying store fees on my three selling id's. 

Message 3 of 14
Latest reply

My store sales have majorly dropped, but I don't know if that might change at any stage. When / if they close down all the clothing stores in the shopping centres, my sales may improve.

To keep my store from making a loss, all I have to sell is 1-3 items a month. I'm used to selling that each DAY, so fingers crossed.
Message 4 of 14
Latest reply

Seems we are in the same situation. I have more free time to list but with so many people losing their jobs (myself included ) some products may become luxury spends in this uncertain economic climate. The end of month free listings last month have been a source of extra sales but not as high as anticipated. Good luck. 

Message 5 of 14
Latest reply

Come on guys.  $25.00 per month for 600 listings, that's not the end of the world.  I have taken this time to get to my death piles, and there are many.  My thoughts are well maybe not too many sales now but when this is over, I will have a fully stocked store ready for sales.  As it happened, I had a good weekend here and a really good one in my other venue E....  So get listing, and if you have nothing to list try tweaking your listings, ending them and relisting them whatever.  Don't just give up.

Message 6 of 14
Latest reply

The addition of unlimited free listings offered by eBay until the end of June was the sort of response I was hoping or expected eBay to make when posting originally. Having a featured store my fees range from $120 to $220 a month depending on the stock I have and the time I have to list. Both of which I have plenty of now. Each store owner will have a different set of circumstances and some may be impacted more than others. But on a positive note at least OUR doors are open . Good luck everyone, keep busy, keep listing and keep calm and carry on. 

Message 7 of 14
Latest reply

Last week was very quiet.  I only had a few sales over the weekend, but they've continued on, and I've actually had more sales so far on Monday-Tuesday.  Mostly more modestly priced items, but enough to keep things ticking over.

One thing I've noticed - several sales have been items which had been relisting for six months or more, and which I'd nearly given up on. I think I may  know why.  Copies of many of the items I sell are available from the UK or even the USA at competitive prices.. I think CV19 is actually driving  some of these overseas sales back to the domestic market. 

I stopped shipping overseas last week, and it only makes sense that, for similar reasons, many people will have stopped buying from international sellers.  I think the overall trend downwards in sales is being offset by picking up sales which might previously have gone offshore.

Early days.

Message 8 of 14
Latest reply

I am known to buy quite a bit from China on ebay, and while I'm not one of these angry "blame China" people, I am being very cautious and waiting a while before buying anything much from there, or even anywhere from overseas.
Message 9 of 14
Latest reply

Sales and store closures will be directly related to the products on offer.  For our part we have seen no material difference in sales

Message 10 of 14
Latest reply