With an unpaid item, when the sale is cancelled, why does eBay show: Your refund is being processed

With an unpaid item, when the sale is cancelled, why does eBay show: Your refund is being processed - when the buyer hasn't paid for the item! idiotic!

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

With an unpaid item, when the sale is cancelled, why does eBay show: Your refund is being processed

If you open an unpaid item dispute instead of cancelling you won't get that message.

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

Those who call buyers "imbecile" or "drongo" & leave false positive feedback could also be described as "idiotic"... jmo

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

@records4jukes wrote:

With an unpaid item, when the sale is cancelled, why does eBay show: Your refund is being processed - when the buyer hasn't paid for the item! idiotic!

I tend to agree. You would think the ebay computer program could be configured to detect if an item had been paid for or not and withhold that particular sentence if there was no proof of payment.

Apart from anything else, it is confusing. It could lead customers to do a double take and assume they had paid.

It reminds me of a complaint I heard recently from an ebay seller. They sold an item for pick up, only to have that buyer message them soon afterwards that the item had not been received and demanding a refund. For something they had not paid for, I should add.

They opened an item not received claim on ebay. The seller's comment to me was that the ebay computer system is pretty poor if it allows people to open a claim without some proof of payment in the first place.

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply