Woohoo! Another $50 ebay compensation!

I just LOVE ebay compensations! And I encourage everyone who has ever been wronged n any way by ebay to demand compensations.

I have a listing which has been running for several years. It is a bulky item and slightly fragile and I had to refund buyers in WA a few times because of breakages so 2 years ago I turned off WA, QLD, and all regional areas from this listing. At the time, there was an option in the listing itself to turn all these areas off. Then sometimes last year ebay decided to take away this functionality and introduced the new postage rules thing (which I still have not used, so I don't remember what it's called). The bright sparks at ebay of course did not think of this old functionality. I now want to let WA, QLD, and all regional areas buy this item again and there is absolutely no way to clear this old exclusion list. In the listing it will say No Exclusion List, but when I put in postcode 6000 in postage calculation for the listing it will say I do not send to Perth Metro.

I reported the bug to ebay about 2 weeks ago and they still have not fixed it. I rang them again today and they say they need another 30 days to fix. So I demanded compensation as (of course) this item is such a great seller and it's dropping off the Best Match ranking because of ebay's fault and what a giant bug this is and I'm losing so much money and blah and blah. So they gave me $50 to shut me up for 30 days.

Anyone else who has the same problem - call ebay now!  Man Happy

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

WOW, maybe they'll give me 50 bucks just for living in WA then...............and maybe an extra $25 for being rural..............

Spoiler
Seems only fair to me.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

You really must have this item, padi. And there is no way to buy it!! Besides, ebay is discriminating against you with this bug. They should be lucky to get away with $75, I'd say. Man Happy

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

Now I'm disconsolate, I'm bringing in my local MP, Fair Trading, hotshot lawyers even the Greens now.

Spoiler
Please don't tell me it's a rare 1930's 2 seater Morgan with a 99cent start price, or I'll really go ape.......................
Spoiler
                                Morgan_Super_Sports_1937.jpg

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

And don't forget the spitty Paccy Padi....she may just make ebay decide in your favour just to get rid of her.Smiley LOL

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

@padi*0409wrote:

WOW, maybe they'll give me 50 bucks just for living in WA then...............and maybe an extra $25 for being rural..............

Spoiler
Seems only fair to me.

Hmmm and I live in an even smaller town than Padi (waves from up the hill) - even tho its only 20km from him- so I should get even more. 

Off to have a winge ..... 😛 

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

@outback_blendswrote:

Hmmm and I live in an even smaller town than Padi (waves from up the hill) - even tho its only 20km from him- so I should get even more. 

Off to have a winge ..... 😛 

Hey outback, we should start a class action on this I reckon, and go into a comfortable retirement on the proceeds,

Spoiler
must drop up and see you again sometime........

Lyndal, maybe I'll train all the Paccies to spit in unison - that should help mightily.

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

Padi, that is a clean-lined, characterful, 100% gorgeous piece of machinery.

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

Yep, it most certainly is countessa, when I was growing up in tha UK I was living about 20 miles from their factory, and we used to see them occasionally doing the hill-climbs over there - Oh the smell of vegetable oil from the old cars and bikes.......................

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply