Worried that a Sendle Parcel Has No Scan when Picked Up

Hi, I am just a little worried about a parcel that was picked up by Sendle as no pick up scan is showing.  I had 2 parcels that were picked up at the same time but only one of them is showing that it was picked up.  The other does not have a scan.  I'm worried about it as it was more valuable than the other.  Just wanted to check with anyone who has used sendle that is it possible that the scan was delayed or it may show later.  It was only today that the 2 parcels were picked up.  Thanks 

Message 1 of 27
Latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

Re: Worried that a Sendle Parcel Has No Scan when Picked Up

I thought I’d give Sendle a try but have to say I will be going back to  Aust Post.  I sent 3 parcels with Sendle on different days. ALL were not scanned when picked up by the driver until hours later. Of course, you start to worry when there is no scan at the time of pick up, particularly when you hear a lot of parcels go missing.  I contacted Sendle about this and their response was basically the driver was probably too busy at the time!  WTH…it would take no more than 10 seconds to scan it as he walks down the driveway back to the car.

To top it off, I sent my 4th parcel yesterday (Tues 12 Oct) left at the front door for contactless collection at 9.00AM - yet again not scanned when collected.  I just checked the tracking and this has me stumped!

collection pick up - 3.14AM Tues 12 Oct

Now, what I don’t get is…..the parcel was not put outside until 9.00AM so how on earth could it have been collected before it was put at the front door!

As for one of the other parcels, it too showed it was picked up during the night which is impossible because it wasn’t put out until 9.00am as well!

The first parcel went to NSW, it only took 2 days to be delivered, thought that was impressive. But the parcel going to county Vic only 2hrs from me took 5 days!

All too wishy washy for my liking!

Message 11 of 27
Latest reply

Again, I think its more about which courier Sendle allocates, rather than Sendle itself. I think I can guess which one it was. The courier will have "overlooked" the scan and entered something made up later, making any of the tracking information unreliable. I had one recently send a photo of my letter box (I think taken on a previous delivery) to the seller and claim to have delivered at a time I was working in my front yard. 5 days later, I watched the courier actually deliver the item.

Message 12 of 27
Latest reply

You may find that is the time it has updated in the Sendle System.  To Check, you need to check the pickup Couriers System with the Pickup Couriers Tracking Number - Sendle do not use BluJay which Australia Post and all the major Couriers use  so there can be a gap as Sendle has to update everything.  You get a similar situation with Ebay Tracking vs  AusPost and Courier Tracking which is in real time but Ebay Tracking is not.  BluJay appear to have cracked down on third parties and third party apps getting live data.     Sendle has its own system which is not the system used by everyone else.

Message 13 of 27
Latest reply

How do I find out which courier company it was? as I said I’m new to using Sendle so not sure how to find this out. Thanks.

Message 14 of 27
Latest reply

The two most common couriers (cheapest) used by Sendle are Fastway/Aramex and Couriers Please.

Fastway/Aramex drivers wear red or sometimes red and black.....I am not sure what colours their vans are but most probably white with red badging.  They cannot be all red because that is the Australia Post colours.

Couriers Please drive yellow vans with red badging.  They wear yellow shirts with red collars and sleeve trims.

Any paperwork should be well badged with their company name.....although paperwork is now rather thin on the ground because of COVID.

Message 15 of 27
Latest reply

The Aramex vans around here are white with red and blue lettering. I haven't seen one for awhile, but something is telling me that it looks something like Aramex.

Message 16 of 27
Latest reply

That doesn't sound good.  I had tried contacting Sendle and learnt that they don't have a phone number.  I was communicating direct with Couriers Please as I found out that they had picked up my parcels.  The few times I did use Sendle they didn't respond to any of my messages.  In this instance with the parcel being un scanned they responded 2 days later and notified me that it had a scan which I had already noticed as I was checking the tracking constantly.  Luckily the parcel got a scan when it was heading for Canberra from Sydney but before that I felt so stressed.  Even though this parcel got there in the end I wouldn't use them again as I don't think I could handle the stress again.  I find Australia Post to be more reliable.  I would get proof that my parcels are lodged and hardly have an issues.

Message 17 of 27
Latest reply

Yes, that is so true.  The postage was cheap and I thought it sounded like a good deal.  I noticed they cover up to $300 so I thought it was safe to use them.  The parcel was received in the end which I am grateful but wouldn't use them again.  Looking back I'd rather pay more and have peace of mind.  I normally use Australia Post and they scan over the counter to show proof that the item has been sent.  I will continue to use them. 

Message 18 of 27
Latest reply

It seems that Ebay were really pushing sellers to use Sendle.  It really should default to Australia Post and then have an option of Sendle.  It would be easy to make a mistake like that.

Message 19 of 27
Latest reply

Just an update that the parcel got a scan and was received.  It was a relief but wouldn't use them again.    After this incident I had noticed that there are so many bad reviews about Sendle and Couriers Please.  I will stick with Australia Post because I always get a scan over the counter. 

Message 20 of 27
Latest reply