You wanna bet?

There is an auction ending in less then 1 hr. 201222364461        It's Carls suit from the Today Show. Even though Today Show just opened this acct and have 0 feedbacks how much ya wanna bet they won't hold their money for 21 days on a new acct like the rest of us lol. 

Message 1 of 18
Latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

You wanna bet?

@cq_tech wrote:

What a pity for eBay that their FVF is capped at a maximum of only $250 then...

I see it ended at $6500.

It is a pity the winning bidder is NARUed....that lowers the price by several hundred dollars.

Message 11 of 18
Latest reply

You wanna bet?

the winning bidder is 'no longer a registered user'

Message 12 of 18
Latest reply

You wanna bet?

Did you see the bid retractions at the bottom of the bid history? One for $17,500 and one for $25,000. People are insane.

I find it very interesting (and suspicious) that the 0 FB winner is NARU already. A shill bidder maybe?

Message 13 of 18
Latest reply

You wanna bet?

NARU being ?????
Message 14 of 18
Latest reply

You wanna bet?

@aps1080 wrote:
NARU being ?????

Not a Registered User - eBay shut their account down.

Message 15 of 18
Latest reply

You wanna bet?

So.....what happened, then?

karl.JPG

Sorry - bit blurry

Message 16 of 18
Latest reply

You wanna bet?

Only thing I can think of is a shill account and they got caught.

Message 17 of 18
Latest reply

You wanna bet?

The original winner could have been deregistered for a range of other reasons, though. 

Once someone places a bid, or wins an item, the seller can request contact details, and on an item like that (reaching that price, more particularly), I certainly would be tempted to check out the newly registered, 0-FBacker. If they had false contact details, and/or were found to be associated with an already banned account, eBay would deregister the new one.

For a high profile seller and auction, anyway. Gotta keep (some of) the market place (looking) safe. 

Message 18 of 18
Latest reply