aust post have lost my parcels 2-3rd august and 7th august Has any one else had the same Sydney dc

Hi all. 

I am a seller in sydney and Aust post have lost my envelopes which have no tracking on the dates 

2-3rd august and the 7th august.  I have soo far replaced and sent out in the last 4 days 187 envelopes with more coming through. 

I need to know if anyone else is in the same scenario as us from the distribution centre in sydney. 

Either leightonfield or strathfield or chullora sorting centres. 

I have had this happen to me before but not in this magnitue. 

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

aust post have lost my parcels 2-3rd august and 7th august Has any one else had the same Sydney dc

I've found out that if you don't have the postcodes clearly written or printed on the envelope the automated system doesn't recognise the numbers lol.

Also if there is a return address on the envelope and it is written larger than the intended address then it also thinks that's the address it's supposed to be sent to lol.

Message 3 of 15
Latest reply

I sent a small parcel from Victoria to Queensland roughly a month ago and the buyer messaged to say it hadn't arrived. I then sent a replacement via Express Post with tracking.

The buyer ended up getting both items. 5 weeks for regular mail and 2.5 weeks for express!
Message 4 of 15
Latest reply

2.5 weeks for express is totally unacceptable.
Call AP and let them know.
They will likely send you out a replacement satchel for that one.
It should be next business day if the sending and receiving postcodes are inside their defined network.
Otherwise 3-4 days at most. So 2.5 weeks is way overtime
Message 5 of 15
Latest reply

lrtmms
Community Member
Yes I talked to the LPO about it and they were shocked that even regular was that slow. Probably too late to complain directly to AP now?
Message 6 of 15
Latest reply

Yup I am in WA and getting all sorts of problems from missing items and post being returned to me, to mega slow delivery (11 days to go 300km) 

Australia post come up with sorts of excuses like new equipment but at the end of the day - its Australia posts system. I can get things from the USA in 6 -7 days but 2 - 3  weeks to go from WA to Victoria.  

Message 7 of 15
Latest reply

lrtmms
Community Member
Yes the last regular satchel I sent to WA took 3 weeks as well. Seems a lot of people are having problems with AP. TNT will deliver from Sydney to rural Victoria overnight!

So much for paying double for letters just to get a slower service! Must be to help pay the CEO's salary I reckon…
Message 8 of 15
Latest reply

lrtmms
Community Member
When I last ordered from UK, the parcel arrived in Australia in 5 days but then took a fortnight to come to my mailbox.

I'd like to use an alternative to AP but to drop of to TNT would mean I'd have to make a 100km round trip to the depot.

What I'm now doing is listing everything as Express Post with tracking and were I provide a regular post option I have a warning in the description about the delay. However, people still complain!
Message 9 of 15
Latest reply

You need to be aware for your customers that "express postage" will only be beneficial for them if both yourself and the buyer are within the area served by that option. 

Granted if either party is outside the area "express postage" may be quicker but that's not a given by any means.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 10 of 15
Latest reply