bad news coming i think

21 REPLIES 21

Re: bad news coming i think

/ Totally agree!
Message 21 of 22
Latest reply

Re: bad news coming i think

@brerrabbit585wrote:
Big gamble is right. Buyers don't like being dictated to but would prefer to choose what they buy and who they buy from, at least to a certain extent. They'll lose an awful lot in shop fees if people don't get any sales and shut up shop. Perhaps the four items will be picked at random and not from the same sellers every time.

I'd like to know how they'll do it for items in categories where there are rarely two items exactly the same! You really have to wonder where they get some of these ideas from!!

In the link he gave the example of iphone & apparenlty the 4 shown would be their idea of best new, best used, best refurbished and best-not sure what it was-maybe alternative as they said android? Probably they would be the 4 cheapest in their category.

I'm a bit puzzled-what about second hand things that maybe don't have a model number?

Part of the ebay experience (for me) is being able to browse through a range of items, not be dictated to.

A few months back I was looking for a christening gown for a granddaughter. I was not necessarily interested in the cheapest new one at all & I would have found it totally frustrating to be shown just one cheapie from China, or even just one cheapie from Australia.

And what about people who like things such as vintage doilies? Where's the fun to be only shown one of them?

I can see ebay losing customers if each search will only show 4 things.

I'm capable of browsing & using key words to find what I want. 

Message 22 of 22
Latest reply