buyer initiated refund request but hasn't replied to my two messages

Hi all...

Someone bought not one, but two foxtel remotes from me...

on the 5th december, Less than a day after they received them, They initiated a refund request and listing the reason as faulty...

The refund request stated "Please take action by 10 Dec"... I did by replying immediately to the buyer.. I sent them a message asking what was wrong with them as I couldn't understand why both would be faulty. I sell a lot of foxtel remotes and have never had a problem with them..

I received no reply from the buyer so, after 4 days waiting i sent them another message going into further detail suggesting they check the troubleshooting page on the foxtel website...

I have still not received a reply...

So what am I supposed to do now? what happens when they don't communicate..how long will this request remain open..

Even though I don't believe the items are faulty, I am agreeable to refund them for BOTH remotes, but I don't see why I should have to pay for the return postage if they have just changed their mind...

any help would be appreciated...

Cheers

Message 1 of 16
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: buyer initiated refund request but hasn't replied to my two messages

If they don't return the goods, you won't have to refund.  Unfortunately, your funds are held in the meantime.  If you don't do anything at this point, and the buyer doesn't return the item, the request will time out eventually and your funds will be released.  It can take 45 days.  DO NOT ring ebay to hurry the process or you risk the case being escalated and the buyer could get refunded and keep the remotes. Just be patient and do nothing.  

The system is a complete shambles.

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 16
Latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Until you hit Accept the Return, the buyer will be able to escalate and will win, getting a full refund from your pocket and keeping the items.  It doesn't matter that you have messaged.

Accept the return to ensure you get your remotes back.  Do it straight away.  Tomorrow the buyer will be able to escalate.

Message 2 of 16
Latest reply

Thanks...

Seems a seller just has to wear the deceipt of some buyers....

cheers

Message 3 of 16
Latest reply

Well I accepted the return,,,

Buyer was supposed to return the goods by the 17th and have not done so..

Today I contacted ebay again to let them know I have done everything they asked.

I have contacted the buyer 3 times without reply, accepted the return without the items being returned by the date specified..

And all ebay can say to me is that my funds cannot be released until the buyer cancels the request...

This is such bull...

Message 4 of 16
Latest reply

Tell me why we  have to buy a foxtel remote, doesn't foxtel give you one. We have been with them for donkey years, still have old box, and daughters old remote. Works okay with us. One day will change, on satellite.  do you work for foxtel.

Message 5 of 16
Latest reply

You don't have to.

Buyer chose to, then reneged.

At best, unhelpful.

Message 6 of 16
Latest reply

If they don't return the goods, you won't have to refund.  Unfortunately, your funds are held in the meantime.  If you don't do anything at this point, and the buyer doesn't return the item, the request will time out eventually and your funds will be released.  It can take 45 days.  DO NOT ring ebay to hurry the process or you risk the case being escalated and the buyer could get refunded and keep the remotes. Just be patient and do nothing.  

The system is a complete shambles.

Message 7 of 16
Latest reply

Yep, think I will just wait for it to take it's course...

After the last reply I got from ebay overnight, it's obvious that it all falls on the buyers side...

Things like "if they haven't replied to your 3 messages, there's probably a good reason"

Or

"You may wait a little longer for them to respond to your email or better yet, give them a ring"

I'm all for buyer protection, but if you make a return request and it's accepted...return the goods

Cheers

Message 8 of 16
Latest reply

@beallieblue-oz wrote:

Tell me why we  have to buy a foxtel remote, doesn't foxtel give you one. 

do you work for foxtel.

I'm gonna guess that you're the lady of the household....

Ask any bloke why there's a need for a second remote needed....

btw... I also sell hard drives & motherboards, but I don't work for seagate or intel either...

Cheers

Message 9 of 16
Latest reply

@beallieblue-oz wrote:

Tell me why we  have to buy a foxtel remote, doesn't foxtel give you one. We have been with them for donkey years, still have old box, and daughters old remote. Works okay with us. One day will change, on satellite.  do you work for foxtel.

I don't have rich persons TV, but my brother does. He's on his 3rd remote. The first one got broken when it was accidentally walked on by his extremely overweight friend from across the road. The second one the contacts under some of the buttons stopped working.

There are any number of reasons why someone would want a new remote. I'm also not sure why working for Foxtel has anything to do with it? Plenty of people sell Apple or Samsung phones, doesn't mean they work for them. It's just what they chose to sell. Besides, it's really none of your business whether the OP works for Foxtel or not. It has absolutely nothing to do with their issue. Completely irrelevant.

Why do you have your daughters remote? Did something happen to yours that you needed to use hers?

Message 10 of 16
Latest reply