buyer making an odd request

I sold two items and sent out one invoice with combined postage.  Now the buyer is saying she's having trouble paying on her mobile and asking if I could send out 2 invoices for each item or give her my PayPal account so she can pay direct.

I can't send out 2 invoices, they are combined and I've never heard of giving out PayPal account details.

What do I do?

Thank you

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Re: buyer making an odd request

I would do as they have asked. There is no harm in giving out an email address for payment. The problem lies a lot of the time with the ebay apps for phones, ipads etc. The shopping cart is also very problematic when using an app.

Once they pay into your paypal account you will receive confirmation from paypal to your nominated email account, just mark it as paid in ebay manually and send as usual.

Message 2 of 15
Latest reply

You could resend the invoices seperate, so she can pay for each one.  I don't know why she is asking for your paypal details, she doesn't need yours to be able to pay.  She might need bank details for direct deposit.

Message 3 of 15
Latest reply

how is she going to pay if the seller doesn't provide paypal account details. she will only be requiring the email addy.
Message 4 of 15
Latest reply

You're right harley.  I think I over complicated this.  Next question.  How do I send out the email address?  eBay won't let me send it through messages.

Message 5 of 15
Latest reply

this is what I do. write the paypal address on a piece of paper, take a photo of it , open a message to her and attach the picture. Tell her to see attached pic.

Of course if she is requiring more than the email addy, then yep that's weird and do not do it.

Message 6 of 15
Latest reply

Great 🙂  I'll try that.  Thank you

Message 7 of 15
Latest reply

You could also remind the buyer that the apps are faulty and suggest they access eBay from a PC or the browser (such as Safari) even on their mobile device.  Payment and access to all eBay features is better through the complete eBay site.

Message 8 of 15
Latest reply

I was going to suggest the same thing, using the classic site on the device, by accessing through a browser, not the app. I had to do it one time when my internet was down at home, and needed to pay for a combined invoice. No way to do it through the app, has to be a browser.

OP, tell them to access eBay through their phone browser, which will open the mobile view. Scroll down to the bottom and select classic site. Then it will be exactly the same as what it is on the desktop. It can be fiddly because you have to keep enlarging everything to be able to see it on the phone, but it's the easiest way to do it.

Message 9 of 15
Latest reply

I've had this problem in the past with buyers being unable to pay via iphone or ipad.  I told them to hop onto a PC if possible....but interested to know how to explain to them how to successfully pay with phone.....can someone explain in detail how to get past the glitch - thanks

Message 10 of 15
Latest reply