buyer returned a damaged different graphic card

Hi,

I sold a sencond hand computer graphic card, it was fully working. 

Though I listed it as second hand and no returns, the buyer got it and after around 10 days, the buyer opened return case saying 

the card is damaged/totally dead. 

Not sure what's happening but I guess on eBay the only option for me is accepting the return and pay the return postage. 

However today I got the card back and I found that, though the returned one is the same model, it is not the same one I sent as I did a mark on the back of it before sending out (also photo it and video it).

The returned one is totally dead.

So what's happening, do people now abuse eBay buyer protection like this now?

Message 1 of 39
Latest reply
38 REPLIES 38

Re: buyer returned a damaged different graphic card

Receiving a negative for late shipment really isn't fair and a negative from a buyer who started another thread about an item.

Buyers really do have the power to say whatever they like even if it's not true wow I didn't think that could happen!

Message 21 of 39
Latest reply

@blondie4717 wrote:

Seller has 3 negative feedbacks in a row + looks like a dropshipper... not sure who to believe

What is your problem with dropshipping?

The OP has stated the location correctly.  The problems arise when sellers try to make you believe that the items are in Australia and then has them sent from Asia.

Some of the OPs items are in Australia, some in China.  Why does that make him any harder to believe than the buyer?

Message 22 of 39
Latest reply

@blondie4717 wrote:

Seller has 3 negative feedbacks in a row + looks like a dropshipper... not sure who to believe

Buyer states on the buying thread that item was shipped from Brisbane.

So, no, not a dropshipped item.

Message 23 of 39
Latest reply

@padi*0409 wrote:

It'll be interesting to hear the seller's side when they get back on line Stawks.

Spoiler
How's the popcorn machine going?       popcorn-and-drink-smiley-emoticon.gif

Apparently the OP didn't upload any evidence he had, so ebay decided in the buyer's favour.

All over, Red Rover

Message 24 of 39
Latest reply

I hope you have luck. Had the same thing happen to me, buyer returned different size, style and very worn jeans. I pointed this out to eBay and all they could say was "tracking shows the returned parcel has been delivered so we must refund the buyer". I said "but the item sent back is not what I sold" eBays reply was simply "we don't physically see the item so  we must refund the buyer". I even had photos of what I sold and what the buyer sent back.mdidnt make one bit of difference in eBays eyes. Buyer got $110, plus the item and I lost $12.00 for return postage 😡

EBay cannot even follow their own polices ie "returned items must be in the exact same condition it was received"

Message 25 of 39
Latest reply

justkidz, I don't have time for anyone intentionally being dishonest.

I have said it before and don't advocate it but I would be tempted to buy something from that buyer if they sell as well. Smiley Wink

image host
Message 26 of 39
Latest reply

@imastawka wrote:

Apparently the OP didn't upload any evidence he had, so ebay decided in the buyer's favour.

All over, Red Rover

Yep, I saw that post Stawks. If it had been me I'd have uploaded the evidence, but then maybe the seller did and eBay is ignoring it - stranger things have happened as we know........................

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 27 of 39
Latest reply

The seller can try appealling.

But perhaps has realised it was he that made an error.

image host
Message 28 of 39
Latest reply

Maybe maybe not kopes.

Just also noticed the seller now has only 2 negs but they had 3 negs the other day so stay tuned things might change.

Would be good if the seller did come back and update us on the situation lol.

Message 29 of 39
Latest reply

The item was sold to the buyer, no idea why eBay now shows it as
'You ended this listing by indicating this item is no longer available. '
Message 30 of 39
Latest reply