buyer said never received item

dommiya
Community Member

sent and expensive item to someon new to ebay so did not put tracking on it

buyer says he never received it the post office says its not in lost and found and the item did not return to me

so im thinking he has item but with not proof of delivery he has kept the refund and got and item for free and i cant do anything about it

is there anything i can do can i leave this information on his feedback?

thanks

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Re: buyer said never received item

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

No, you can not leave negative feedback for your buyer.  If you leave a green dot with a negative comment you can be "slapped" by ebay.

And may I suggest that without any proof whatsoever that your buyer has done anything wrong you will probably cop a well deserved negative if you try to name and shame your buyer.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

no you cant leave this on feedback(bad comments)

you have no proof that buyer got the item

in future you need to follow paypal buyer/seller protection rules

and send by trackable means

this protect both buyer and seller

i dont know why you didnt do this in the first place

tara

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

No, you can not leave negative feedback for your buyer.  If you leave a green dot with a negative comment you can be "slapped" by ebay.

And may I suggest that without any proof whatsoever that your buyer has done anything wrong you will probably cop a well deserved negative if you try to name and shame your buyer.

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

no you cant leave this on feedback(bad comments)

you have no proof that buyer got the item

in future you need to follow paypal buyer/seller protection rules

and send by trackable means

this protect both buyer and seller

i dont know why you didnt do this in the first place

tara

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

@dommiya wrote:

is there anything i can do can i leave this information on his feedback?

That really depends on what kind of information you want to leave there. If you're wanting to leave a comment relating to your suspicions, then that would likely conflict with a positive rating.

Some sellers will, however, leave an impartial and factual follow-up to the feedback they leave for a buyer, which can be informative but not necessarily in a negative vein.

For future reference, I would send any items of a value I can't afford to lose by registered / tracked or Signature on delivery, regardless of how long the buyer has been on eBay. 😉 I often register items out of my own pocket if an order goes over a certain amount, and it's not because I don't trust buyers or anything, it's because I want to be able to refund for a genuinely lost item without being out of pocket myself and really regretting the loss amount. Smiley LOL

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

so im thinking he has item but with not proof of delivery he has kept the refund and got and item for free

Why would you assume that? Parcels go missing every day and without proper tracking you can have absolutely no idea if the buyer is telling the truth or not.

The decision to avail yourself of seller protection is entirely yours and if you choose not to use a fully trackable delivery method then you have to be prepared to refund without question.

I fail to see the logic of not sending with tracking because the buyer is new, most people would be more inclined to make sure all went as it should with a newbie.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

Hey I agree.

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply