calculated postage no longer working, anyone else have this issue

I notice my calculated postage within ebay is no longer working, it just says cannot calculate please input a valid postcode, I try many but same thing, I havent modified any item details for some time. Ebay claim it has to do with restrictions on dimensions despite the fact it worked before and nothing has changed however adjustmnents of dimensions and weight yield no success. she then told me the resolution was to offer free postage, thats when it clicked, are they trying to force us to offer free postage by sabotaging the calculated postage option?

is anyone else having issues with this? due to size and weight free postage is not a good option as some areas could cost over $100 to send to.

Message 1 of 60
Latest reply
59 REPLIES 59

Re: calculated postage no longer working, anyone else have this issue

I have just been on the phone to eBay and had the same old .. we are currently looking into it **bleep**. 

Told me to edit all my listings to the "Freight" option so buyers have to ask for freight costs (which is no diferent to what is happening now). This method also removes International Postage which is no good. 

Hopefully this is sorted soon, until then ill be editing 450+ listings individually changing the postage method to (Australia Post Parcel Post Parcel) and adding the Signature fee on in the sellers charges as per previous replys on this thread. The bulk editing tool keeps coming up with errors.

Message 51 of 60
Latest reply

I didn't know that. Thank you. Unfortunatelly I'm not able to change anything. Just receive email from Ebay up on my enquiry. This time they're telling me I'm having problems because by account is registered in US. So I told them it's been like that since they went online years ego and also that my relatives account registere here in AU have the same problem.  And have send them link to this forum as well. We need to keep pushing them hard, I don't think they fully realize there is actually a problem with Ebay in AU.

Message 52 of 60
Latest reply

3 weeks and still not working.....this is unbelievable!  Only sellers fees are working really good.

Message 53 of 60
Latest reply

That's why I would never run full business on Ebay. Being totally dependent on company that doesn't have a working backup or even informs customers when service is down. What about those sellers with only income from Ebay, how do they eat, pay their bills if it's down for weeks?

Message 54 of 60
Latest reply

I complained to e bay and got this months basic  store fees refunded into my account.Someone at e bay must of woken up to the fact they have serious technical  issues going on at present.I have had two sales this week (one last week), I had to spend time on the weekend (5 hours ) updating all my listings to fix that calculated postage fault, just so buyers can see the correct postage rate.I selected 'Parcel post '' service and included the SOD fee $ 2.95 as handling charge, rather than selecting 'Parcel post & signature required service' ,which used to work just dandy for the last 10 years, but not any more.

Message 55 of 60
Latest reply

I get emails why I don't post to some locations so it seem even  if the postage works or not, buyers still won't buy due to that.

Message 56 of 60
Latest reply

eBay seem to have now fixed this issue, at least insofar as it related to the "Australia Post ...+ Signature" postage category.

My listings that use the "...+ Signature" option are all now displaying and calculating correct postage rates for around a week now.

( . . .  and now that I've said that watch them all crash again!!  Robot Embarassed)

Message 57 of 60
Latest reply

Listed a few things after being away for a while and got this insane postage calculator problem.

Seriously ??

So far 2 Chats and 2 emails and no solution.

NOT inclined to Relist if the thing doesn't work !

Message 58 of 60
Latest reply

This is the ebay answer by email "...our postage calculator works only upto 5 Kg...".

Bloody Hell.  Maybe it should mention that when I punch in a bigger figure !!

Message 59 of 60
Latest reply

While I'm talking to myself..............

The local PO said they had other people with seriously wrong postage figures from eBay.

Looks to me like the worlds biggest auction house can't get a simple function right.  Billions of dollars not enough resources to provide a simple accurate figure ?  I can do better manually on the Aust Post calculator page.

Message 60 of 60
Latest reply