calculated postage no longer working, anyone else have this issue

I notice my calculated postage within ebay is no longer working, it just says cannot calculate please input a valid postcode, I try many but same thing, I havent modified any item details for some time. Ebay claim it has to do with restrictions on dimensions despite the fact it worked before and nothing has changed however adjustmnents of dimensions and weight yield no success. she then told me the resolution was to offer free postage, thats when it clicked, are they trying to force us to offer free postage by sabotaging the calculated postage option?

is anyone else having issues with this? due to size and weight free postage is not a good option as some areas could cost over $100 to send to.

Message 1 of 60
Latest reply
59 REPLIES 59

I experienced the same thing with a large item I was listing. It was only when several potential buyers emailed me asking for a quote on postage I realised something was wrong. So I added a note in my description asking people to email me for a postage quote - which worked because the item sold (even though it cost a LOT to send - from Vic to WA).

Oddly enough, another item I have the calculator on shows the right cost.

Message 2 of 60
Latest reply

I have exactly the same problem, postage calculator is not working on any of my listings, same error message, 'Please input a valid postcode'.E bay offering a solution as'' ร“ffer free postage and it won't happen '' is a cop out, call centre operator was probably due for their lunch break and couldn't be bothered to file a technical report on your behalf.I've sent a  e bay message off to technical help and hopeful of a reply.There have been a number of technical glitches recently, but my  postage calculator will not show no matter what browser I use , either Google Chrome browser or Firefox browser.I tried signing in and out again, and that did not help.Who knows what e bay are up to with their site,fault wise, every day is like opening up a box of chocolates, you just don't know what you are getting.

Message 3 of 60
Latest reply

Yeah, one woman on the phone try to tell me that I dont' know how to list. There is a problem and thats 100% no doubt about. My buyer even told me that my listing shows I don't post to his location here in AU. I post anywhere. Things aren't working properly, messages can be laggy or hang on reply, etc. If you got problems, it's all part of it and it's been going on for a while now, just got much worse now wioth the "calculate" postage error.

Message 4 of 60
Latest reply

All my items are under 500g (unless the buyer buys multiple items) and haven't had any issues with using the small parcel option (everyone pays the same amount). I've got a few things here over 1kg that I was going to list next week, but now I think I might wait if there is glitches with calculated postage. At least if a buyer buys more than 500g for me it's just a matter of sending an adjusted invoice. I don't want buyers to get turned off because they are being told I don't post to their location.

I remember a couple of years ago there was a similar glitch where buyers were seeing the message in red that the seller doesn't post to their location. I can't remember how people managed to get around it, but I'm pretty sure there was a workaround at the time.

Message 5 of 60
Latest reply

I'm not putting up any new listings, who knows what will happen to them when Ebay fixes the problem. So far it just got even worse. Now when you press calculate, it takes you to Ebay listing calculator where you need to put the weight of the item. How is buyer suppose to know the weight? So no, no new listings till they fix it. Not worth the risk and possible negative feed back that might result from their errors.

Message 6 of 60
Latest reply

A large proportion of my nearly 7000 listings have started doing the same thing. I have gone in and checked everything is set up correctly and within weight and size limmits.

did you get it sorted or get a safisfactory response from ebay?

Message 7 of 60
Latest reply

No. Even more puzzling is that the calculator works on some listings but not others (not that I have many listings that use it).

Message 8 of 60
Latest reply

You can expect all your listing loose all their postage. My started slowly day by day, now all not working. It's been a week of almost no sales due to this. No response from Ebay. Seem the only thing working really good are seller's Ebaye fees. I suggest you call them in person.

Message 9 of 60
Latest reply

Ive had plenty of questions from potential buyers about why I will not ship to Victoria, even though I am in Victoria, seems like there is a glith in the system somewhere, hopefully it will be sorted soon.

Message 10 of 60
Latest reply