can sellers demand bank deposit only

gers47
Community Member

as the topic title says.............................can sellers demand bank deposit only ???

Message 1 of 20
Latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

Re: can sellers demand bank deposit only

jvdv
Community Member

I've come across sellers who state they want payment into their bank and further stating that if paying by PayPal they want an extra couple of $$$'s to cover the PayPal fees.

Of course this does nothing to attract buyers.

Message 11 of 20
Latest reply

apparently some fundamentailst christians (and maybe some other religions) will not use paypal as it is the Mark of the Beast as found in the book of revelations.  Some others consider it a form of gambling.  There are others who consider that paypal funds illegal Jewish settlements in Palestine and hence contribute to palestinian genocide (paypal is a jewish owned company).  I wonder if anyone has taken ebay to court on religious grounds as reason not to use paypal.

Message 12 of 20
Latest reply

I have paid via bank deposit a number of times, always on low priced items from sellers with good feedback, but usually when I see it mentioned that they prefer not to use PayPal I move onto another seller.

If a seller can't increase their start price or buy it now price to cover the PayPal charges, then I don't think they really need my custom.
Message 13 of 20
Latest reply

Can i use ebay vaucher if bank deposit selected
Message 14 of 20
Latest reply

Why would you risk losing your buyer protection by paying via bank deposit? In this day and age you'd have to be insane to pay that way, voucher or no voucher.

Message 15 of 20
Latest reply

Vouchers can only be used if you pay with paypal.

Message 16 of 20
Latest reply

@lyndal1838 wrote:

Vouchers can only be used if you pay with paypal.

@fatlind1993

also, a lot of these vouchers require your eBay registered address to be the same as your PayPal address.

Message 17 of 20
Latest reply

Since when do you need an ABN to use BPay?  And since when were there fees to use the payment method?

Message 18 of 20
Latest reply

Maybe FOUR years ago?

Message 19 of 20
Latest reply

@porcelain_dolls_by_me wrote:

Since when do you need an ABN to use BPay?  And since when were there fees to use the payment method?

I believe the OP was referring to having a BPAY account to accept payment from customers, rather than just using it to make payments. 

Message 20 of 20
Latest reply