can't contact buyer, should i send with SOD?

hey all, i have an issue here where a 0 feedback buyer bought items from me. So i usually do a Google of the address in that case & also contact them. The address is obviously a workplace as its a warehouse of some sort in an industrial area. I feel like its a bit risky posting it there and anyone could claim it.

So i've sent them 3 messages since last thurs to find out if i can send it to a home address instead or at least that he knows people in reception or whatever who will look after it if he can't personally take it from the postie. I've had no responses yet.

I figure i can't hold onto it forever so i may as well send it BUT If i send it with SOD does the postie have to check the id of the person i've sent it to before leaving it there? and then if the recipient is not there they just take it to the local po for collection?

Even then according to Google the nearest po is 6.5km away, although i guess thats not that far for them to go in that sort of area. Or should i wait till they contact me, i'm just worried they will complain i'm sending it late....

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: can't contact buyer, should i send with SOD?

You don't need SOD unless it's over $750. What is the value?

As long as you send with tracking, you are covered.

Don't risk a defect by not sending within your handling time, but if your spider senses are tingling then just cancel outright.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

You don't need SOD unless it's over $750. What is the value?

As long as you send with tracking, you are covered.

Don't risk a defect by not sending within your handling time, but if your spider senses are tingling then just cancel outright.

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

ok thanks, the value is around $50. I didn't think tracking was enough proof for Ebay but i'm probably thinking back to the days when Ebay were using Paypal as their payment method.

Heaps of sellers were losing their payment because even if they posted tracked it was not enough proof to paypal.

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

I would simply complete the transaction - with tracking - Aust Post will deliver to the address given.

You are covered - with tracking showing as delivered.

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

yeah I'll do that, my spidey senses are telling me that since these are vintage magazines buyer is probably just maybe someone older who is not that great with technology so the msg emails might be going into their spam folder or something. If it was a new item worth over $100 i would be more reluctant in case it was a scammer.

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

Other way round. PayPal has only ever required proof of postage to the applicable postcode.

eBay's MBG has always required proof of delivery.

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

'eBay's MBG has always required proof of delivery.'

MBG? ok i'm confused now, so i do need sod? Tracking only means it was delivered to that address, not proof the recipient who holds the ebay account actually received it.  Or so i was told a few times when accepting Paypal payments, & that they were the ones who made that rule not ebay.

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

Money Back Guarantee, offered to members on eBay.

In almost all cases eBay will close a case in favour of seller if the tracked item shows delivered, without SOD, should a case be opened for INR.

image host
Message 8 of 8
Latest reply