can you post perfume by aust post

can you post perfume with australia post..

Message 1 of 42
Latest reply
41 REPLIES 41

Yes but there are all sorts of rules and restrictions, plus you need a dangerous goods license

Message 2 of 42
Latest reply

as a private individual on a one off basis? NO

here's an extract from a post made here last year by one of the Australia Post representatives

''To set the record straight, perfume is considered a "Dangerous Good" (see http://auspo.st/gkrogS) and therefore will not be accepted for carriage through domestic or international post. If you have been advised otherwise by staff at your local Post Office, please let me know their details and I will ensure they are re-trained with the correct information.

If you have sent perfume in the mail you will not be covered for loss or damage regardless of the service it was sent through as it is a prohibited item as advertised in the Dangerous Goods Guide (linked above).

As others have mentioned it is possible to send perfume and other dangerous goods provided you have a Dangerous Goods Licence with us [Aust Post], which requires you to undergo special training as well as complete specific paperwork for each parcel. "

If you would like to discuss the specific costs and requirements of obtaining a Dangerous Goods License, contact Australia Post directly.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
~~ ~~ ~~ Those who do right, have nothing to fear.
Message 3 of 42
Latest reply

http://auspost.com.au/parcels-mail/dangerous-and-prohibited-items.html

Has a pdf with all the regulations.

It also says,

"Dangerous goods exemptions

We can deliver some dangerous items, if they meet certain conditions and are packed in a specific way.

Our dangerous goods exemptions policy does permit very small quantities of some dangerous goods (known as "exempted" dangerous goods) when carried on a contract basis and by road transport only.

There are specific requirements for how these goods are packaged and who they are delivered to.

Please read clause 62 through 65 of the Australia Post Terms & Conditions for more information."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buttercup: You mock my pain! Man in Black: Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.
Message 4 of 42
Latest reply

I sold a bottle of perfume on Ebay last year (unwanted Xmas gift) took it to the counter at Australia Post and they simply put a "Carriage by Road Only" sticker on it, charged me (a bit more than usual, from memory) for postage and off it went. No drama.

Message 5 of 42
Latest reply

I guess you were lucky that your PO either did not understand the rules or chose to break them.

I would not be telling everybody that you/your PO broke the law.

Message 6 of 42
Latest reply

Every time I come on here, I recgonise your ID as someone who continually makes snippy little comments at people.

Your opinion of what I have done, purely under the guidance and authorisation of Australia Post, is of no worth to anybody. 

So - don't concern yourself with it, and mind your own business.

Message 7 of 42
Latest reply

You are posting on a public forum here so what you post is as much my business as anyone else's who post here.

And it is not just my opinion of what you/your PO has done.  The law has been broken and I suggested you don't draw attention to it.  How is that of no worth to anyone?

Message 8 of 42
Latest reply

you PO staff member is lucky they didnt get reported along the line ..

here is the word for word comments from an Aust Post Staffer

here's an extract from a post made here last year by one of the Australia Post representatives

''To set the record straight, perfume is considered a "Dangerous Good" (see http://auspo.st/gkrogS) and therefore will not be accepted for carriage through domestic or international post. If you have been advised otherwise by staff at your local Post Office, please let me know their details and I will ensure they are re-trained with the correct information.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
~~ ~~ ~~ Those who do right, have nothing to fear.
Message 9 of 42
Latest reply

ytwo000
Community Member

most perfumes are flamable..road trans only is what i found out..classed as "dangerous goods"

Message 10 of 42
Latest reply