can you post perfume by aust post

can you post perfume with australia post..

Message 1 of 42
Latest reply
41 REPLIES 41

We applied as a business for a dangerous goods excepmtion for some of our glues and aerosols, absolutely everything we sent to them was classed as dangerous and we were not able to send them using Australia Post. A few years back, we had to stop sending out bon bon (cracker) snaps as they are considered dangerous and Australia Post will not carry them under any circumstances. I still see heaps of people selling them - they obviously flout the regulations or are ignorant of the facts.

Message 11 of 42
Latest reply

@craftmadau wrote:

I still see heaps of people selling them - they obviously flout the regulations or are ignorant of the facts.

A bit of both I suspect....they find out the facts but if they do not suit their purpose they ignore them and hope they do not get caught.

Message 12 of 42
Latest reply

So is there anything else you can do to send perfume overseas?
Message 13 of 42
Latest reply

Try googling couriers that specifically pack n send perfumes.

image host
Message 14 of 42
Latest reply

Try ringing some international couriers....DHL or FedEx for example.

They would have a blanket Dangerous Goods Licence and may be able to help you.  However, it may well cost you an arm and a leg and make it uneconomical to send it.

Have you thought of buying the perfume from a business in the country you wish to send to?   Then it would just be a local delivery.

Message 15 of 42
Latest reply

Australia Post DO send perfume within Australia. It is clear if you read their blogs, etc. they do it for Adore Beauty and many of the large retailers, but it must go by Standard Parcel Post, by road, not air.
I have gone around and around, even been in to my local post office, but I cannot find anywhere HOW to apply for a dangerous goods license. Can someone please tell us exactly what process to follow to apply for these exceptions? I donโ€™t mind how complicated/hoop jumping/expensive it is. I just want to know. Thank you.
Message 16 of 42
Latest reply

I believe there's this thing called Google.................

Thanks for dragging up an old thread.

Have you read any of the answers?

Message 17 of 42
Latest reply

Here in NSW it can be done where you renew your driver's licence.

You have to undertake a training course and it can cost hundreds of $$.....it has to be renewed periodically.

My OH has one....it is mandatory while working for Australia Post/AaE/StarTrack and the testing was arranged at the base.

Message 18 of 42
Latest reply

No need for smart answers. I read all of the comments, and spent hours searching on google. Iโ€™m not an idiot.
I discovered that companies that send 1000 parcels per year or more can have a contract with Aust Post - eParcel to send perfume through the mail by road only. The training is not for physically transporting the dangerous goods (driver training), it is about how to package perfume correctly so that it doesnโ€™t leak, etc. If anyone is interested, you need to register a business account with Australia Post and get in touch with their eParcel team. You will be assigned with an account manager to guide you through the process.
I hope this information helps others.
Message 19 of 42
Latest reply

Who gave smart answers?

To hold a Dangerous Goods Licence you do have to pass a test to prove that you know the rules.

And the answers already posted include that you can send through other entities who do hold a DGL.

Message 20 of 42
Latest reply