cancelled a transaction because buyer did not pay and is a scammer, ebay is still charging me for tr

i cancelled a transaction because buyer did not pay and is a scammer, ebay still wants to charge for transaction even though 10 days have expired.

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

cancelled a transaction because buyer did not pay and is a scammer, ebay is still charging me for tr

Did you open an unpaid item dispute or did you just cancel it yourself?

If the latter did you give a reason that the buyer wanted to cancel or there was something wrong with the buyers address?

If you didn't then you will still be charged fees.

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

When you say you " cancelled a transaction " did you use the cancel transaction system and select one of the three options offered by ebay or did you open an unpaid item dispute ?

If you cancelled a transaction, from memory the only option you can give for the cancellation without incurring a defect against your selling account is " buyer requested cancellation or there is a problem with the buyers address ". If you selected one of the other options, such as " item is out of stock " not only will ebay charge you the fees, they will also place a selling defect against your account. Two or three of these per year and you are in deep doo doo, having your listings lowered in visibility or selling account restrictions.

The correct procedure is to open an unpaid item dispute four days after the sale date. Once you do this the buyer has another four days to pay for the item. ( or longer if you allow them ) . If they still don't pay, then you can close the dispute and you should receive your fees back. ( if not contact ebay CS ) .

If you follow this process, the buyer receives an unpaid item strike against their account. Two or more of these and they will no longer be able to buy from sellers who have blocks in their account settings.

It may also pay to go into your account settings and make sure you have checked the box which prevents buyers with two or more unpaid item strikes in twelve months from bidding or buying your items. This screens out many of the non paying time wasters. 

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply