changing bank deposit to paypal

hi, sold an item and buyer chose bank deposit now whants to pay with paypal but says he no longer has that option, can i change it?

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

ok, just tried that and it wont work, looks like i must cancel and do like you said, get him to purchase again.

how silly is that?

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Afraid I can't tell you for sure as I have never used or offered bank deposit, but off the top of my head I am wondering if you send the buyer a new invoice if the Paypal option would be 'back' ?

Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

@enigmabear wrote:

Afraid I can't tell you for sure as I have never used or offered bank deposit, but off the top of my head I am wondering if you send the buyer a new invoice if the Paypal option would be 'back' ?

i dont usually offer bank deposit but this guy requested it and i dint have a problem with it as the item would not get posted before i had the money. it was after i told him that he decided he wanted PP.

i think a new invoice will do the trick just wasnt positive having not done it before.

Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

Are you able to send a new invoice?

I hope they've changed it back, but the last few months this option has disappeared as soon as the buyer completes checkout and selects bank deposit as the payment method, so when I've had a buyer that wants to change, the only thing I've been able to do is cancel the original transaction and have them purchase again.

Another one of ebay's wonderful "improvements". Smiley Mad  

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

@digital*ghost wrote:

Are you able to send a new invoice?

I hope they've changed it back, but the last few months this option has disappeared as soon as the buyer completes checkout and selects bank deposit as the payment method, so when I've had a buyer that wants to change, the only thing I've been able to do is cancel the original transaction and have them purchase again.

Another one of ebay's wonderful "improvements". Smiley Mad  

this i dont know but in the drop down box next to the sale iformation there is a 'revise invoice' option.

Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

ok, just tried that and it wont work, looks like i must cancel and do like you said, get him to purchase again.

how silly is that?

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

It is very silly but unfortunately ebay seem to be making a habit of silly decisions at the moment.

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

Clicking on that would just send me to an error page and wouldn't actually let me send a new invoice. 

It's been a month or so since I last had cause to try and send one in those circumstances, though, so it's good if they fixed it. 

edited to add... Just saw the new post. I guess they didna fix it. ๐Ÿ˜ž 

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

those clever boffins at ebay HQ, they put in a 'revise invoice' button just to have a bit of fun with us.

hey look, we tricked another seller into thinking they can revise an invoice TEE HEE.....

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

Used to be able to just send an invoice and it overrides earlier ones as well as resetting checkout.

Not the case anymore ?

image host
Message 10 of 11
Latest reply