compromised account

A few weeks ago I suddenly couldn't log into my account so I changed my password and all seemed to be well and I resumed selling

now I find  some  buyers who bought several items are receiving an automated message telling them that I don't combine postage and they should proceed to 'pay now'  when they ask for 'request total'

I think my account has been compromised and can't find anywhere to report this or what I should do, maybe close this Ebay account?  

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: compromised account

I have seen other reports of this particular setting becoming "unticked" in seller preferences.  Perhaps check this first, it is unlikely that your account was compromised and the only thing the hacker did with it was change a preference or two.

Cheers,

Penny
Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

It is most unlikely that your account has been hacked.

The problem of buyers having difficulty combining has been around in various forms for a couple of years now, especially if they have used the shopping cart.

I had it just the other day.  In this case it was easily solved by buying each item in the cart separately.  Once they had been transferred to purchases the option was available to ask the seller for a Total invoice.

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

The reason I thought my account was compromised was when I couldn't log in, this had never happened before.

I checked preferences and all is in order there, I contacted Ebay customer service and they were no help.

It may well be a maintenance issue with Ebay or they went through the shopping cart ,in future I will stress in the listing for buyers to wait for an invoice combining postage.

Thank you for all your help it's appreciated

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

Sorry for bringing up an old thread well not to old like me anyway but I turned the computer on this morning and went onto ebay

and decided to look at the items that I'm interested in buying and I got the shock of my life when beside these items I was looking at

was the recently looked at items,my big problem here is that I have never nor anyone else in the family have looked at these items.

I know that items do come up when you have browsed them but these items were never looked at on my account.

All of them were forsale in either Canada or the USA.

So what does this mean,has my account been compromised or is ebay playing games?

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

It's only showing my own recent browsing history at this end eezi. Try clearing cache and cookies maybe?

Or maybe eBay is "enhancing" your buying experience again.................lol

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

I logged out then logged back in and low and behold the actual items I looked at last night are now showing as viewed lol.

But I don't understand why items that I never viewed were showing in the recently viewed and they were items that I would never even look at in the first place lol.

Ebay might have done it to enhance my buying experience but c'mon ebay how about enhancing my selling again.

Looks as though crime does pay lol

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply