credit refund

karuran
Community Member

Hi,

I listed an item and it was bought. However after discussions with the buyer where they could not pay the shipping cost, he suggested to cancel the order. So we mutually agreed and cancelled the order

I was charged and I requested for refund. My ebay account is in negative (credit). However, I could not figure out how to get a refund. eBay help is not that useful and it just goes in circles.

Can someone help me with how I should go about in getting the actual refund to my credit card

Thank You

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: credit refund

eBay credit can't be used to pay anything except fees, but you should be able to get it refunded (if but eventually). 

Requesting a refund of your eBay fees credit balance

If you have a credit balance, you can either leave this credit in your account and use it towards future fees, or you can request a refund and we'll send you the money. You can only request a refund if you are not an activated eBay managed payments seller.

Here's how to request a refund of your credit balance:

1. Verify that you have a credit balance on your account. To see your account balance, go to your Seller account page. A credit balance appears as a negative number on your account status and monthly invoices.
  2. Make sure that your contact information, including your address, is up to date.
  3. Contact us to request a refund on your credit balance.

We'll issue your refund to the payment method where the payment originated. For example, if you made the payment with a credit card, your refund will go to that card. If the payment was made using more than one payment method, you can choose where to send your refund. Refunds are usually processed within 30 days.

https://www.ebay.com.au/help/selling/fees-credits-invoices/fee-credits?id=4128

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

eBay normally credit the account so it cancels out.

But if you paid the fees already then eBay give you a credit on the account but unfortunately you cannot withdraw or transfer the credit.

It can only be used to pay further eBay fees.

It's just the way eBay is set up.

image host
Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

Thank You for your feedback. I also thougth that woudl be the case. However, I am trying to purchase a new item and thought I should be able to use this credit while paying for the item. However, I do not get any option to use my credit. It is kind of frustrating to get help from ebay on this

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

eBay credit can't be used to pay anything except fees, but you should be able to get it refunded (if but eventually). 

Requesting a refund of your eBay fees credit balance

If you have a credit balance, you can either leave this credit in your account and use it towards future fees, or you can request a refund and we'll send you the money. You can only request a refund if you are not an activated eBay managed payments seller.

Here's how to request a refund of your credit balance:

1. Verify that you have a credit balance on your account. To see your account balance, go to your Seller account page. A credit balance appears as a negative number on your account status and monthly invoices.
  2. Make sure that your contact information, including your address, is up to date.
  3. Contact us to request a refund on your credit balance.

We'll issue your refund to the payment method where the payment originated. For example, if you made the payment with a credit card, your refund will go to that card. If the payment was made using more than one payment method, you can choose where to send your refund. Refunds are usually processed within 30 days.

https://www.ebay.com.au/help/selling/fees-credits-invoices/fee-credits?id=4128

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

Thank you again. I did go through those steps before - Step 1 & 2.

Step 3 - I fundamentally need to Chat to ebay to get this refunded ? I am not sure it will be a chatbot or a real person and hope they do not start all over again asking the same questions again 😞

I will give it a go and see...

I would have hoped that these can be done automatically, like I lodge a request for refund. eBay can process it and advise me offline..

All these processes seem to be deliberately setup to make it hard and if possible discourage ebayers from getting a refund, disappointing

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

Thank you everyone for the advise. I was able to get my refund processed after a Live chat.

Again, I would have hoped if this process was automated 🙂

Have a great day everyone !!

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

How did you achieve a live chat?

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

I doubt the person you are asking will answer, since they posted their issue over three years ago

Have you tried 'eBay Help' at the top of every page (during normal business hours) and gone from there?

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

Hi,

This thread has been locked due to age. Please, feel free to start a new one if you still need assistance.

Thank you

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply